desperately want a new BG metre

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might phone up the people today (am i right in saying its free from a BT landline?) and ask for one - because i really am fed up of accu-chek and then i can ask nursey on wednesday to let me have the strips on script...

I'm glad to read this meter thread....Look, what I want to know is, which ones *don't* use vials for test strips?! They are impossible to carry in pockets, yes?

We use the Optium Exceed, which has flat strips so is okay for my son to carry in his pocket, but the meter itself is pretty big and what with the lancets and strips it's all a faff really, lots of stuff.

I've seen this one but ended up thinking it has vials of strips...does it?

Good luck in your endeavour...

yep they are in little pots! maybe you could get some little plastic pill bag things (haha so technical) and in the morning put a few in there? I dont know any other machines that come with strips in the foil. there is the compact plus meter with it all in one, but thats huge! I think the xceed is really small, is yours an older version that's bigger? the ultra easy is thin but a bit longer than the xceed.

Good idea Katie...I'll also look into our version of the exceed. The whole zipped thing is like 12cm x 9cm or something...maybe I'm just asking for too much! (not for the first time...)

The other thing I've noticed on some are wacky lancets that are themselves bulky -- I mean, how silly!

I wondered about the all in one thing, the new one -- haven't seen it, but thought i might be huge...

sigh. the endless quest...

Good idea Katie...I'll also look into our version of the exceed. The whole zipped thing is like 12cm x 9cm or something...maybe I'm just asking for too much! (not for the first time...)

The other thing I've noticed on some are wacky lancets that are themselves bulky -- I mean, how silly!

I wondered about the all in one thing, the new one -- haven't seen it, but thought i might be huge...

sigh. the endless quest...

oh oops, i wasnt thinking of the case thing! I never put mine in it's case :D Maybe you could buy a smaller case for whichever meter you decide to use.

The all-in-one meter is useful, but it's quite big! and also... when the meter drum turns it's really noisey, which I would personally find embarrassing because when im testing in public I dont really want people to notice if possible :D I know it links up to a certain pump, but im not sure which one...

Does Es hospital have a selection of meters to give away to patients? because im sure your DSN will let you look at them if you ask 🙂

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i got one for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and a pink one yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

also sending me out
control solution
monitoring diary
usb cable
letter for my doctor asking for a prescription change

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

The all-in-one meter is useful, but it's quite big! and also... when the meter drum turns it's really noisey, which I would personally find embarrassing because when im testing in public I dont really want people to notice if possible :D I know it links up to a certain pump, but im not sure which one...

the compact plus is hugely noisy. I hate testing in public with it because everyone looks at me :(

We always use the One Touch range, I've tried others but these are, in my view, the best. At the moment we are using the ultra 2 but we have a couple of Ultra Easy's they are great and light and small ish.

You can down load all of them onto the computer, either their own software or a Carelink software online which you can down load your pump data on to as well which is very beneficial if you use sensors !!

Hey thanks everyone! Salmnpuff, I'm so pleased you got what you want! Yay!

I'm going to look into the one touch ones...

Take care all.

well done salmonpuff always good to get the one you want x

its heeeeeeeeeeere

and by GOD its sexy!!!

Hello,

I got one of the Ultra Easy free from my Clinic and I love it as it's nice and small and comes in a good carrying pouch. I loved my Ultra Smart, but the case is too big for carrying around.

Whenever I'm at my DAFNE annual review I always ask them what latest gadgets they have to give away and I got the Ultra Easy last year. This year I got a Humapen which does Half Doses (Humapen HD) as I'm having a bit of trouble with morning correction doses and think I need half a unit sometimes. Looking forward to trying it out although it is a bit eye catching in bright GREEN!

NiVZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back