Desang kit bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
want one! God theyre SEXY!

http://www.desang.net/the-classic-kitbag.html

anyone here got one?

Yup - I bought the blue plastic slim one and it doesn't feel like plastic at all.. it's got a plastic pocket at the front for personalising it..

It's probably bigger than I need, it has 2 good size pockets inside, plus a place for an insulin pen (which I use for my finger pricker..) and it has a zipped pocket as well.. I'm happy with it but wouldn't recommend it for carrying around as it is quite bulky... I've ordered the small-in-one and I'll give you an update once it arrives which based on previous delivery should be tomorrow..

Karina

(I seem to remember a link from the diabetes.org.uk site which gave 10% off but can't find it now..)

Last edited:
Put it on your Christmas list Sam!

I'm a bad Diabetic. All of my 'kit' is thrown loosely into my handbag 😉

just show the website to the hubby hopefully he will get the hint and buy me one lol i got a pencilcase yesterday to put all my bits and bobs in

I like the leather ones, but they're not really suited to a Type 2. Pity.

Why? Is leather only for type 1's?

Is this something else new I didn't get told about? Or do type 2's have a thing for PVC and rubber? Psssr don't let Bruce hear you talk about rubber or silicon, they are his speciality materials. 😉

Why? Is leather only for type 1's?

Is this something else new I didn't get told about? Or do type 2's have a thing for PVC and rubber? Psssr don't let Bruce hear you talk about rubber or silicon, they are his speciality materials. 😉

No, it's just the leather ones are much to big for my needs. I don't have to carry all the guff Type 1s need. PVC is far to hot, so's rubber, leather breathes.:D

'not suited'?.. well I agree that they have more capacity than some of us may need but put it on your list for Santa and be creative about what you use the extra space for.. you can use the insulin pen holder bit for your finger pricker or a roll of sweeties... I use one of the pockets to carry spare lancets and an empty strip tub for used strips.. the other pocket has my strips and meter...

Go on.... you know you want one!!

Karina :D:D

No, it's just the leather ones are much to big for my needs. I don't have to carry all the guff Type 1s need. PVC is far to hot, so's rubber, leather breathes.:D

I am asking nothing of your materials knowledge, clearly the lady is an engineer or... hmmm :D

Depends if you inject or not, they are great for holding pens and consumables. Never enough room for my meter and tablets though...

I am asking nothing of your materials knowledge, clearly the lady is an engineer or... hmmm :D

Ahem well you see, back in the 70s there was this craze for Vicars and Tarts party and once, my then intended (now unlamented ex) decided to break the mold. I went dressed as a tart and he went as the vicar*. I had a rubber dress and PVC boots, no photographic evidence remains of this terrifying sight (though it must be said, there was much, much less of me back then) but I can remember getting very overheated**.

* It's not easy finding a dress to fit a 6'6", 17st stone rugby player, at least not in the Highlands.

** This may have been due to an excess of zeal when doing my John Revolting impression, or possibly too much pogoing.

Ahem well you see, back in the 70s there was this craze for Vicars and Tarts party and once, my then intended (now unlamented ex) decided to break the mold. I went dressed as a tart and he went as the vicar*. I had a rubber dress and PVC boots, no photographic evidence remains of this terrifying sight (though it must be said, there was much, much less of me back then) but I can remember getting very overheated**.

* It's not easy finding a dress to fit a 6'6", 17st stone rugby player, at least not in the Highlands.

** This may have been due to an excess of zeal when doing my John Revolting impression, or possibly too much pogoing.

Well, there is only 6'3" of me, but the only skirts I wear are my kilts! So there are plenty in the highlands, depends what the local tarts wear I guess.

Isn't it a good job we partied when we did? The only photographs really were polaroids and they were so slow taking the picture and processing you could break both arms of the guy holding the camera before anyone saw the picture, or even knew it was taken 🙄

So I am told of course:D

I am a type 2 and the leather classic would suit me as I have to inject and to be honest when I go out all my kit is usually stuffed into pockets or I dont bother to take my meter with me and just put my insulin pen in my pocket.. so to have everything together in one place would be a godsend. Especially when going away as I have two different pens for my day and night injections.

Well, there is only 6'3" of me, but the only skirts I wear are my kilts! So there are plenty in the highlands, depends what the local tarts wear I guess.

Isn't it a good job we partied when we did? The only photographs really were polaroids and they were so slow taking the picture and processing you could break both arms of the guy holding the camera before anyone saw the picture, or even knew it was taken 🙄

So I am told of course:D

Oh yes, those were the days. All those wild parties and absolutely no evidence. :D

My ex wears his kilt all the time, I think I've only seen him in trousers once in nearly 40 years. We met when I was 12 and he was 13, it was hate at first sight. Should have stayed that way.🙂

Oh yes, those were the days. All those wild parties and absolutely no evidence. :D

My ex wears his kilt all the time, I think I've only seen him in trousers once in nearly 40 years. We met when I was 12 and he was 13, it was hate at first sight. Should have stayed that way.🙂

Yeah, there are some people who've known me only in kilt, or out of it 😉

For those who think the 'Classic' bag is too big for their needs you can get the 'Slim' bag.
Also if you can't find the code from Diabetes UK for the discount, you can do a survey on the Desang web site at the end of which you will receive a code for a 10% discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back