Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a long wait to get treatment for the first cataract?
No - got the first appt with the hospital opthalmology dept within about a month, then put on the list for 'Day Surgery' for which I had to wait say 2 months. The second one, a bit longer. Around here the optician had to write to my GP for them to actually refer me - and for whatever reason the GP reckoned they hadn't received the request from the opticians. So We decided to collect the referral from the shop the second time, and physically deliver it to the GP surgery when they were open so as to hand it to a person - which once again resulted in a 'Choose & Book' response letter, to which I chose and booked. So 3 to 4 months before getting it done. A good friend we saw at a committee meeting one Tuesday morning, said her optician had told her that hers needed sorting the previous week then saw her next on the Thursday of the next week, when she'd already had it done!

just a couple of points here on the impact of diabetes on existing or new mental health issues caused by anything , the brutal truth is the NHS is in complete crisis and i think that applies to all aspects of health diabetes , cancer , heart , dentistry , mental health it is completely shocking and has been for all long time now , there is no staff retention , the strikes and the pay issues although i support the frontline workers i is a disaster , social care is in crisis you can go on and on, sorry to be so negative about it but in 1945 it was the envy of the world now its been brought to its knees aided and and helped by an evil government , good luck with your search and treatment with mental health

Absolutely! Like any number of other medical procedures - it's a lot more scary thinking about it before hand than it actually is when you have it done! Simply not allowed to drive for a few weeks until you have your new eyesight tested and the surgeon signs you off. It was about another year before I had the other eye done. No probs since.
Thank you and also to @Leadinglights. They weren't going to refer me as they said they my sight wasn't bad enough, but they will do it shortly. Could you see see shapes when you were lay in the dark. I mean with your eyes closed. It's affecting my sleeping.

I have joined this to talk about diabetes and I'm having a habc1 test next week (currently pre-diabetic) but I have just noticed this post. I have had cloudy vision for months and have just been told I have cataracts. I don't know to do, not sure what my future holds now.
I am growing them as well and I have to wait till optician thinks they need operated on and they will tell me when to stop driving ( mobility scooter) I just say another thing I can’t do anything about

Whenever I think of driving - I think of driving that you need to have passed a DVLA test for a motor vehicle on the roads of the world - and for that, believe you me - you usually know blooming well yourself when it's time to pack up because of your cataracts cos you can't see the edges of the road distinctly any more especially at dusk and OMG at night with the streetlights on and ordinary dipped headlights of vehicles coming from the other direction dazzle you awfully to a ridiculous degree. So - you have to try and plan on not driving after sunset until you get it sorted.

I’m finding it very hard, as I was diagnosed not too long after a bereavement. At present I have just been told I cannot have Trulicity, so am panicking and the black dog has got me again. My Husband isn’t well and I am having eye injections. It’s all getting on top of me right now.

I’m finding it very hard, as I was diagnosed not too long after a bereavement. At present I have just been told I cannot have Trulicity, so am panicking and the black dog has got me again. My Husband isn’t well and I am having eye injections. It’s all getting on top of me right now.
Eating a low carb diet has been so beneficial for me, spurred on by the disastrous effects on my wellbeing when I took Metformin and Atorvastatin, not to mention how the soft furnishings suffered.......
Losing loads of weight without even trying was an added bonus, plus it is quite difficult to be dismal when eating meat and mushrooms for breakfast, even cheesy scrambled eggs make things seem brighter.
At my last foot check I was told that my almost normal blood tests were remarkable, so I suspect that others really don't get good advice on what to eat, just as I did for such a long time.
There is a lot of information about eating a low carb diet and testing your reactions to meals and being consistently in good numbers after eating them, but I think you need to know it is there and go looking for it.
Some HCPs are against testing, but I found that knowledge empowering, and it seemed to help to do the trick of reversing type two and feeling that I had lost about 4 decades of aging was rather rewarding. I am insufferably cheerful these days though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back