demographics of the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is something to do with the forum being pink! 🙂

have a look at my thread on off the subject- colour of the site🙂

Yes, on the left. As it turns out (much to everyones great suprise at the last meet up) Im not a black man with an afro and iPump coming out of my ears!

I take it your picture is not reflective of your actual features either phil? 😉

Yes, on the left. As it turns out (much to everyones great suprise at the last meet up) Im not a black man with an afro and iPump coming out of my ears!

I take it your picture is not reflective of your actual features either phil? 😉

No, my avatar is Amy Lee from Evanescence, don't think she would take too kindly if people thought she was a bloke! 😉

I thought it was you on the right of the pic, the one in the white coat :confused:

Last edited:
I'll be honest and say the main reasons I'm here are to be helped and be helped and to see what everyone else is up to, and if I get a goo natter into the bargain, so much the better!

Hi Sandy,
what have your A1cs been like over that period ?

This is the embarassing bit - I am not sure :( The last two were 6.5 (4 months ago) and then 6.3 (about three weeks ago) and they were lower prior to that.

I believe(d) they are quite good (Drs have been happy) but it is not through any major effort on my behalf - I was still eating chocolate, cake and all the other things I shouldn't be eating. I need to get a bit more serious.

This is the embarassing bit - I am not sure :( The last two were 6.5 (4 months ago) and then 6.3 (about three weeks ago) and they were lower prior to that.

I believe(d) they are quite good (Drs have been happy) but it is not through any major effort on my behalf - I was still eating chocolate, cake and all the other things I shouldn't be eating. I need to get a bit more serious.

Good stuff. What about your Chols and Blood pressure ?

Again cant remember but BP something like 120/70 and chols about 5-5.5

I'm going to ring the surgery tomorrow and see if I can get my history emailed over

Again cant remember but BP something like 120/70 and chols about 5-5.5

I'm going to ring the surgery tomorrow and see if I can get my history emailed over

Sounds good. I use the site to get answers to questions, empathise with others (to the blokies out there, that means showing a bit of sympathy to other diabetics) and I like the humour 😉

Ideal colour for the site would be blue or blue-purple. (Arggh, does that make me a bloke!!)

And, I guess I am postin now and you blokies are not, is because the football's on TV - no contest eh?

Last edited:
Just checked (forgot I had a BP machine) 120/79 with a resting heart rate of 66 - not bad for a fat bloke 🙂

Just checked (forgot I had a BP machine) 120/79 with a resting heart rate of 66 - not bad for a fat bloke 🙂

Pretty good Sandy, whatever you're doing seems to be working!

Ideal colour for the site would be blue or blue-purple. (Arggh, does that make me a bloke!!)

Fraid so - bloke it is. A girlie would have said aquamarine azure or something like beryl. Blokes think in primary colours.

I come to this forum as a breath of fresh air. It has far more posts from younger people and far fewer entrenched views than other Uk diabetes forums. The only problem is I sometimes feel old here, whilst I think I come from an entirely diffferent generation on some other forums :D

Last edited:
Well I'm 49 so you are probably younger than me.

...and I'm 51!😱🙂 Agree with you Helen about the broad age range, it gives a lot of variety and energy to the forum🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back