Day 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The act of thinking requires energy too! So keep it up (just make sure that they're energetic thoughts!) :D

i like this. lets think bout losing the weight n it will fall off haha!!

Woop!! 30 mins on bike so far today!!! Good start I feel =) lol

Its my 21st in May to, im going on holiday and i am determined to lose atleast 2 stone. Im only 5ft 1 and i weigh over 12stone.
Im baffled as to what diet plan to follow and av no idea where to start. What plans are u following?

Nickiebob89

I bought Antony Worrell Thompson's diet for diabetics. Its got some great recipes and has a weekly plan you could follow if you wanted too.cost ?5 on ebay including postage. that and exercise. No snacking, smaller meals and drink lots of water. if I feel hungry and bloods arent low I plan to drink a pint of water, good for the skin and body and fills me up. if your on facebook feel free to add me and we can swap tips daily on there too x

so smaller meals and lots and lots of water?? riteo. Im so determined. I used to be a size 6/8 and in the space of two years balooned to hugeness. lol.. You eating anything in particular?

Nickiebobxx

Roasted peppers and roasted onion, absolutely love them. I do use a bit of olive oil but was told to and its not too bad for you but I don't drown them in it. I pour a bit in a bowl and put in the chopped up peppers and onion so it just coats them and then roast them. Mmmmm having that with chicken tonight. Also I'm doing roast new potatos as well. Not many, only about 3 small ones but if you cut them up smaller than usual they look more and I'll do the same with the olive oil and put them all in the same pan (potatoes first and then add peppers and onions after a bit.

Sugar free jelly if you like puds.

mm.. my bf wants spag bol but i find it really heavy and greasy. Chicken with onion sounds good but im not a fan of peppers. What ya havin with it?

Nickiebob

Good Luck xxx I have always been very heavy I started weightwatchers in May last year (before diagnosis) at my heaviest I weighed 20st 4lbs 😱 and have so far lost 56lbs (still have another 100 to loose!!). I am not the fastest at loosing weight (averaging just over 1lb a week) But I am living proof it can be done :D My top tips are
1 Always eat a breakfast
2 Exercise - I havent managed to do any of my exercising this week and have stayed the same weight
3 If you do go off the rails just draw a line under it and start again, it happens to us all
4 Set yourself mini goals and treats - dont try and think about it all at once as it will overwhelm you! I have bought myself a charm braclet and for every stone I loose I buy myself a new charm, it reminds me how far I have come. I take each 7lbs as it comes. I have made myself a chart of milestones eg lost 10% of my body weight, 1st off, 2st off, BMI below a certain number etc and I tick each one as it happens.
5 I have a fat picture of me on the fridge to remind me that I dont want to go back there...
6 Drink lots of water, I try and drink 2 to 3L a day

Good luck xxx

Well done Andy on your weight loss thats fab x

Thanks Adrienne & cazscot!

I seem to have hit a limit at the moment though. I haven't put any weight on, but it isn't coming off either (I'm only talking this week).

As I've said before, my exercise currently consists of a 1hr brisk walk after lunch and 30mins on a rowing machine after my evening meal (during which the machine maintains that I've covered 8km and this is based on a consistent non-stop effort).

Assuming my calorific intake has been pretty constant, (but I admit that may not be wholly true!), does anyone know whether the lack of weight loss could be expected and why? Does the body go through periods where it decides to do something else other than simply burn fat?

I bought Antony Worrell Thompson's diet for diabetics. Its got some great recipes and has a weekly plan you could follow if you wanted too.cost ?5 on ebay including postage. that and exercise. No snacking, smaller meals and drink lots of water. if I feel hungry and bloods arent low I plan to drink a pint of water, good for the skin and body and fills me up. if your on facebook feel free to add me and we can swap tips daily on there too x

Fantastic goals to aim for! I too need to lose about a stone.... maybe we should start a relay team to keep each other motivated lol

can i ask though, why would you not drink water if your bloods are low? I try and drink 4 bottles a day, whether my bloods are high or low... is this not a good thing to do?

Thanks Adrienne & cazscot!

I seem to have hit a limit at the moment though. I haven't put any weight on, but it isn't coming off either (I'm only talking this week).

As I've said before, my exercise currently consists of a 1hr brisk walk after lunch and 30mins on a rowing machine after my evening meal (during which the machine maintains that I've covered 8km and this is based on a consistent non-stop effort).

Assuming my calorific intake has been pretty constant, (but I admit that may not be wholly true!), does anyone know whether the lack of weight loss could be expected and why? Does the body go through periods where it decides to do something else other than simply burn fat?

Not sure Andy but I feel sometimes my body hits a platau (sp?) I have stayed the same weight for the last 3 weeks and havent changed calories or excercise. When this happens I try to lower my calories for a week and/or increase my exercise to see if that kickstarts my weightloss again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back