Day 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smile4loubie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Today is day 1 of my weight loss programme. Gotta loose ALOT of weight! With the help of Antony Worrall Thompson & my exercise bike I'll hopefully get there!! (Just looked up at tv and its the M&S advert for sticky toffee pudding!!! AHHH *covers eyes*) Here goes nothing!!!

Any tips would be very welcome =)

Good luck lou only advice i can give is stick at it and dont give up theres going to be times when you feel very grrrr i cant do this but you can just stay strong willed and we will help you every step x

Today is day 1 of my weight loss programme. Gotta loose ALOT of weight! With the help of Antony Worrall Thompson & my exercise bike I'll hopefully get there!! (Just looked up at tv and its the M&S advert for sticky toffee pudding!!! AHHH *covers eyes*) Here goes nothing!!!

Any tips would be very welcome =)

Snap,its day 1 for me too.

Good luck to you too,my starting weight is 14 1/2 stone so got a lot to lose too.

If at first the weight doesn't come off, DO NOT GIVE UP!!! Your exercise will be doing you some good and it will start to pay off if you keep it up.

However, be sure that your exercise is sufficient (no point just dawdling along) and that you're eating fewer calories than you're expending on a daily basis (duh! :D )

Set yourself a target weight, decide how many lbs/week you want to lose and that'll set an end date. Weigh yourself weekly to see if you're on target (there's not much point doing it daily unless you follow a really precise daily routine).

Give yourself the odd day off (but not too frequently!).

Good luck!

p.s. I've set myself to lose 1lb a week and have a target weight of 14st 2lb (I started from 17st 10lbs on the 20th Oct, 2009). I am currently 16st 3lbs and the end date is early October, 2010.

Last edited:
chosen 1 lb a week to start off with. recommended is 3lbs every 2 weeks. Sundays are my only day off from the bike but gotta do something else instead like going out for a walk etc..

Thanks Andy. Gives me confidence in what I planned was right =) x

I got my 21st party on May n my twin has planned it all and paid for it all including my dress so I gotta fit into it now! lol its "Hollywood" themed. That and my wedding I should have alot to motivate me but I really just can't keep it going lol

You're welcome!

I also find that doing two or more types of exercise a day is quite helpful. I take a walk after lunch and also use a rowing machine each evening (I splashed out on one of my own .... arf arf!). So, if I happen to be feeling a little low in the evening, then the pressure is off a little because I'd already had the walk earlier.

The other benefit of splitting the exercise is that it'll keep your bg levels lower at different times of the day.

Andy

I got my 21st party on May n my twin has planned it all and paid for it all including my dress so I gotta fit into it now! lol its "Hollywood" themed. That and my wedding I should have alot to motivate me but I really just can't keep it going lol

Nah, come on Lou, I've got faith in you! :D

Have you set a date for the wedding yet?

hehe will do =) ill post a pic of the dress i've chosen at some point =)

Good luck 🙂 x

I'm with you Louise. I've got quite a few more stone to lose than you. I have nearly lost a stone on my own. This is purely from going dairy free in January.

I have a cross trainer as a clothes airer I just need to get motivated to get on it and get the clothes off it.

You can do this, we all can, Andy you are doing fab.

I'm thinking 1/2 stone at a time, however long it takes me, as I can't think stone at a time and I definitely can't think about the whole lot 😱

My main aim at the moment is to get to a size 18, I'm sick of being the 20's, am in 26/28 at the moment so have a long way to go. I would like to be able to shop in normal shops rather than just Evans !

I want to try and shift another stone to be down to 10 and half 🙂

Also want to get rid of my insanely doughy thighs in order to wear a wonderwoman costume for a party in July :D

Wear magic tights!!

Good luck weightloosers (wont say dieters cos that always makes me want to rebel. Im not on a diet, im eating healthier!)
Dont loose focus & persevere (sp?). I have lost 8lbs since September but between October & Jan I didnt loose anything at all & I was eating healthyish but I let my excersice slip. Now I am back to swimming 2-3 times a week, gym once a week with a personal trainer & a walk at the weekends. Also do some cardio stuff off the TV. Its paying off & I WILL be down another 6lbs by the end of April!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back