Day 1 proper carb counting :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup lol =) had such a good weekend but sugars have been on the higher side of 6 but oh well i dont expect to get it right every time lol and i think im allowed to slip up once in a while as the slip ups are becoming less and less.... im only human after all hehe... which i could say i was perfect haha!!

Good luck with the carb counting Sam.

Although I don't do carb counting like type 1's as I'm only on one injection of Lantus a day, I have found that since I adjusted my carb intake and cut out a few high carb foods my BG's have been really improving.

So keep up the good work and you should see a marked improvement in BG's.

dont worry even here in the bexhill hastings area thereisnt any course the only one recently was done on the EDDY support group with Adrienne:(

You should ask at Eastbourne DGH to get onto the SADIE course. It's damn good, I've just done it over the summer.

Hi,
Reading this post is a really positive thing. It's fantastic you're getting the help you need to judge carbs better etc... It's been a real eye opener to me.
When i was diagnosed i remember being in hospital in Hillingdon, Middx and being told before i went home i would be seen by the very experienced diabetes nurse who would give me some advice on how to control my condition. That was 25 years ago and i remember that lady telling me how to count one piece of fruit as 10g, the same as one average size potato etc... and that a main meal should consist of approx 60g of carbohydrate; and the approximate amount of insulin i should inject to cover me for this much carbohydrate.
She gave me a really good start i think, although it was probably taken for granted at the time. I haven't used any other measures really for the whole time since. I assumed that advice is what everyone is told but reading various posts here that dose not seem to be the case. It appears to be a very 'hit and miss' affair.
I am a long way from understanding the science behind diabetes and the interactions between various bodily functions. We are all different. But counting carbs well has got to be a really helpful place to begin that understanding.
I'm sure with a bit of trial and error it will prove very useful and you'll know what suits you best. Very best of luck with it.🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back