dapagliflozin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on empagliflozin, similar medication. What is it you want to know?

I take it, though I never asked for it.

The diabetes service prescribed it before they paid attention to my blood results, but despite a minimal benefit they want me to keep taking it because of the heart benefits.

Oddly my dad has now been started on it even though he is not diabetic, but to help his heart.

I haven't had any side effects from taking it. Make sure you drink plenty to prevent UTI's.

I felt nauseous for the first month of taking it, but that went away. I did not urinate more often, but for longer when I did. Though that is how it works.

Why do you want to take it? It is a new medication so still expensive, so normally it is prescribed when other medications have failed or are not enough on their own.

I felt nauseous for the first month of taking it, but that went away. I did not urinate more often, but for longer when I did. Though that is how it works.

Why do you want to take it? It is a new medication so still expensive, so normally it is prescribed when other medications have failed or are not enough on their own.
my nurse talked a bout it

I was put on Dapagliflozin (in combination with Metformin) ..the only side effect for me being hourly toilet trips ..the most tricky aspect for me is the ✻pronunciation✻ of the word "da·puh·gluh·flow·zn"

Hi, I’m on it, had positive results, have been stable for 12+ months now, as about you need to drink plenty of fluids!

Hope the new med works well for you @rosie1 🙂

hi anyone on here on DAPAGLIFLOZIN my doc wont to put me on it.
I was put on Dapagliflozin 2 months ago because the Alogliptin (Vipidia) I was taking was not working despite the DN doubling the dose. Lots of headaches, nausea and itchy skin rash came with it too. I have just organised a blood test so it'll be interesting to see the results but that's not until19th April. I have lost 14lbs so far, partly to do with the drug but also to a reduced carb diet and smaller portions. I do drink a lot of water and pee a lot but already feel better but I still need to lose a further 3 stone. It does feel a bit daunting at times but my BG readings are averaging 6.8 so it's all in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back