Cruising

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Norway with P&O. Not doing any trips through P&O just doing our own thing :D
We are just back from Norway. Loved it.
Stunning scenery and like you most of the time we did our own thing in the ports. Are you going up to Svalbard?

I’ve never been abroad before, never been on a cruise before, never done a catered/eating out type holiday only ever self catered, eat pretty simple foods at home and I’m not sure I’ve ever even had a 3 course meal in a restaurant that I remember. I’m going to be adventurous and going on a cruise on Saturday.

I’ve advised the cruise line and they’ve arranged some accomodations of providing a sharps bin in the room and 100 minutes of free wifi (the carb guessing apps need internet). I’ll need to preorder meals 24hrs before (as GF and other person has severe nut allergy).

I have purchased a basic drinks package as I don’t really drink alcohol which includes lemonade (not sugar free but probably will drink occasionally so as not to overdo caffeine) and Pepsi / Pepsi max.

Any tips? I’ll have libre on my phone just not on my watch, and I’ll pack a spare sensor as well as test strips. I think security is just X-Ray which I think libre can go through. Guessing just so random guesses at carbs and bolus each course?
Hi Lucy, I hope you're well? I'm Gabby and I work on Balance magazine at Diabetes UK. I'd love to talk to you about your experience of diabetes and being on a cruise for a feature we're writing. If you're interested, please could you email me at gabriella.taylor@diabetes.org.uk

Hi Lucy, I hope you're well? I'm Gabby and I work on Balance magazine at Diabetes UK. I'd love to talk to you about your experience of diabetes and being on a cruise for a feature we're writing. If you're interested, please could you email me at gabriella.taylor@diabetes.org.uk
No thankyou, I find it difficult to speak to strangers.

I was on a cruise to Norway last summer and I am going again in June 2024. Is there anything in particular you want to know.

Norway is a lovely country. I have only travelled with Cunard and Celebrity Cruises which is part of the Royal Caribbean group.

I have never had any problems with the food as they seem to cater for everybody and I found it easy to choose lower carb foods. I think they are much better than most restaurants in the UK for catering for lower carb because the choices are there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back