Crawling scalp with T2 diabetes?

Phoenix67uk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Mod Note: This new post was split from an older thread.

I have it round areas of my scalp. It's driving me bonkers though, whatever it is!

I will ask about getting a blood test to check my B12 levels.
Hi everyone. I have recently noticed I have these annoying crawling sensations around my scalp and at times all over my body .Im on metformin for T2 and ramipril for BP. Has anyone found a way to deal with this ? I'm tipping over with the constant scratching and rubbing ! Help guys !

Last edited by a moderator:

grovesy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
You have replied to an old thread and the people in the thread have have not posted for some time.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Metformin still can and does cause B12 deficiency in some people.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to hear about the crawling sensations you are experiencing @Phoenix67uk

Do you check your own BG levels?

It seems there can be an association of high blood glucose levels and itchiness on the scalp, and in other areas.

There can be a number of other causes, including changes to the nerves which may be caused by diabetes over time.

Have you been living with diabetes for long?

Sounds like it would be worth asking your GP about it?

mikeydt1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
i agree sounds like bloods need checking to see if anything is down. could be a lack of something best checking with doctors.

KARNAK

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Phoenix67uk yes perfectly normal but worth having a word with your GP. Usually affects different areas on the body too, my doctor prescribed Selsun
shampoo I now buy it from Pharmacists not a lot stock it now but readily available online.

Don't buy off of eBay or Amazon and make sure you get the original one, follow the instructions to the letter and make sure that you fully rinse your hair out after or else your hair brush will turn yellow.

Wash your hair with Simple soap first the Simple shampoo contains Aloe Vera not a problem if you can handle it, then use the Selson you don't need much the crucial part is rub it into the scalp and leave it for 3 minutes, a week should sort it out then 2 or 3 times a week after that.

If you bathe or shower everyday don't use a perfumed shampoo in between or you will counteract one against the other.

As with all posts on the forum it's our own experience we give advice, I have advised other people to use this method and everyone of them are now itchy free.
Take care stay safe.

trophywench

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well Selsun's worth a try, it could be seborrheic dermatitis even without the 'flaking' as yet.