Covid Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but we all are for this one. We're all clinically vulnerable, but not all immunocompromised (which I think was the description for the Spring booster eligibility, though it was pretty much Groups 1-4 of the original list).
That explains why I wasn't offered one in the Spring but my partner, sister and brother all were as they are all using Methotrexate (immunosuppressant) for various conditions..... but then I got an invite for the autumn booster.

Type 1 diabetics under the age of 50 were not entitled to the latest booster unless they had some other condition or maybe were specifically at risk due to a HbA1C over 75.
At least, not in England.

It entitled me to an earlier first covid vaccine (and the second booster due to timings) but not this latest booster.
That’s not correct. All diabetics were eligible. I’m age 35, a1c under 75, never been in the “extremely clinically vulnerable group”, live in England and had my fourth Covid booster in September because of all diabetics being in the vulnerable group.

The issue is now with NHS-England. I cannot say more than that at the moment but will say some individuals have been led than professional! :(

That’s not correct. All diabetics were eligible. I’m age 35, a1c under 75, never been in the “extremely clinically vulnerable group”, live in England and had my fourth Covid booster in September because of all diabetics being in the vulnerable group.
True, everyone over 50 (and some other groups, including everyone with diabetes) is encouraged to get the latest booster (which I expect will always be a bivalent one), but there was one back in the Spring which not all of us were eligible for: that one was more limited (my mother was eligible because of age, though various mess ups meant she only got it in September).

Quick update! This was escalated to NHS England and apparently I have not been given all the correct information. I can't say more than that at the moment but was it a lack of knowledge or deliberate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back