Covid booster date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggyg

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
This popped through the letter box today. I knew they were having a clinic this Saturday as my 84 year old MIL got a letter yesterday and has a morning appointment, but thought I’d be a bit further down this first cohort. I’m not grumbling though. It did make me laugh when they called it a ticket and I’ve to present it along with the handwritten card I got with my previous jabs! Oops! Don’t know where that is but I do have a Covid passport, that should do I would hope. 😉

I’m the words of Charlie Bucket “ I’ve got a golden ticket!” 😛

Attachments

• 4BF179F9-24F9-4BCC-A67C-7F9A5944C106.jpeg
    4BF179F9-24F9-4BCC-A67C-7F9A5944C106.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 11
My OH had his booster jab yesterday but at 75 appeared to be the oldest person among the throng at the surgery.

Good news! We had our first jabs quite early on so are hoping to hear in the next few days, with any luck :D

Not heard about either Covid booster or Flu, my surgery has no nex about either on their website yet.

I don't expect to hear for a long time. My second jab was at the end of May so I'll start looking for my "ticket" in November.
Until then, my two jabs will keep me invincible

My surgery were on the ball for flu jabs but they have just pushed all their dates back. Not a problem for me as I'd rather have a stronger resistance to flu when it is at its peak rather than having a jab early and it wearing off when everyone starts getting ill.

I'm expecting to be called for mine in probably a fortnight or so. Can't wait!!

I had my flu jab on Monday. Everything has been very quick. Text last Thursday re flu jab and then the booster letter today. I must say our surgery has been on the ball re the Covid vaccines. I had my first 12th Feb and second 27th Mar so almost 6 months. I didn’t think I would be getting it so soon even though I’m classed as “extremely clinically vulnerable”. Thought they would do the oldest first. I’m just a youngster at 61! 😉
PS I’ve found my original vaccine card, it’s a bit battered as it’s been stuck in my phone cover for six months!

Last edited:
Not heard about either Covid booster or Flu, my surgery has no nex about either on their website yet.
Check with local chemists for the flu jab. Apparently stocks are good so lots are now offering them when they weren't expecting to be able to.

My OH had his booster jab yesterday but at 75 appeared to be the oldest person among the throng at the surgery.
Must have been all us “immunosuppressed” youngsters, or maybe carers etc. My MIL did ask if there was any point in her having it as it was a “ long way to go!” It’s three miles and her son is driving her!

Must have been all us “immunosuppressed” youngsters, or maybe carers etc. My MIL did ask if there was any point in her having it as it was a “ long way to go!” It’s three miles and her son is driving her!
A whole 3 miles!!

A whole 3 miles!
I know! She’s not well travelled should we say and has never driven ( except Mr Eggy mad), unless it’s on her “ patch” it’s a long way!

I asked about a flu jab at our local pharmacy this morning. He looked straight at me and said without hesitation, I’m afraid I’ve only got under 65 ones at the moment. Fair enough, I am 65, but that’s not the point. I obviously look 65!:(

I had my flu jab on Monday. Everything has been very quick. Text last Thursday re flu jab and then the booster letter today. I must say our surgery has been on the ball re the Covid vaccines. I had my first 12th Feb and second 27th Mar so almost 6 months. I didn’t think I would be getting it so soon even though I’m classed as “extremely clinically vulnerable”. Thought they would do the oldest first. I’m just a youngster at 61! 😉
PS I’ve found my original vaccine card, it’s a bit battered as it’s been stuck in my phone cover for six months!
My surgery have not been part of the Covid roll out we had to go to another surgery that was acting as one of 3 GP hubs in the district.

I asked about a flu jab at our local pharmacy this morning. He looked straight at me and said without hesitation, I’m afraid I’ve only got under 65 ones at the moment. Fair enough, I am 65, but that’s not the point. I obviously look 65!:(
Funnily enough whilst at flu jab clinic on Monday night, there seemed to be a mix of ages. Mr Eggy actually said hello to someone he knew, he had a mask on but I would have put him at over 65 and I started panicking we’d had the wrong jab, but everyone else seemed younger. The over 65s clinic was the week previous. Unless he couldn’t get to that one and they squeezed him in.
@Robin it must have been your mask, they couldn’t see your youthful skin!

This popped through the letter box today. I knew they were having a clinic this Saturday as my 84 year old MIL got a letter yesterday and has a morning appointment, but thought I’d be a bit further down this first cohort. I’m not grumbling though. It did make me laugh when they called it a ticket and I’ve to present it along with the handwritten card I got with my previous jabs! Oops! Don’t know where that is but I do have a Covid passport, that should do I would hope. 😉

I’m the words of Charlie Bucket “ I’ve got a golden ticket!” 😛
Eggy - the handwritten card your letter seems to refer to is a meaningless piece of paper. You can be be verified from your medical records. Let's face it; that's what happens at walk-in clinics.

I wouldn't lose a millisecond's sleep over it.

I was on shift last weekend, and we started doing boosters in a sort of unplanned manner, due to a high level of appointment no-shows.

Eggy - the handwritten card your letter seems to refer to is a meaningless piece of paper.
Yes, mine didn't have my name on it (until I added it). I presume they plan on collecting the old one and giving a new one with all three lots of information on or something like that, but I'm sure it's not critical. (I think the US equivalent has several spaces on it which now seems rather sensible.)

The hub my surgery is in has put a notice on FB. Loosely translated it states we ain't doing no more jabs go get them elsewhere. Which means nearest centre is a 70 mile round trip. I wont be bothering.

I’m just waiting for the nurse to ring, because we are both on the home visit for flu jabs. We won’t be due for Covid boosters for a couple of months, I think. Don’t much care, to be honest, I think the supply of vaccines should be given to countries who are short of the vaccines for even first vaccinations.

You must be one of our earliest invitees @eggyg !

I must crack on with organising my flu jab too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back