Covid and Blood Sugars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently on day 5 tested positive Covid and day 7 symptoms of Covid - over the worst of it not just a cough that won’t budge!
1 day (Sunday) was the worst couldn’t move from the sofa, high temp etc
Rest of the days been into work (on my own) and plenty of paracetamol.

As for blood sugars: Certainly need more insulin, but other than that levels are normal.

Interesting. First day for me was Wednesday. Worst sore throat ever during the day but no other symptoms. Enough to work from home before reluctantly doing a Covid test in the evening as I knew it would be positive. Wednesday evening all the cold type symptoms appeared.

Thursday was a high temperature and really bad headache on top of sore throat and cold symptoms. Took the morning off work and dosed up on paracetamol, sumatriptan, naproxen, etc. Worked from home in the afternoon but should probably have taken afternoon off too.

Friday was worst so far and took the day off work again with a chesty cough, high temperature, headache, sore throat, heavy cold symptoms, tiredness, etc. BGs were 21.7 last I tested.

Hoping the symptoms don’t continue getting worse every day.

I hope you start to feel a lot better soon @Lucyr

Day 4 for me and feeling tired but throat and nose cleared. Still doing steam treatment to keep throat moist and reduce the coughing. No temperature. I think I have been lucky.

Not sure what day I’m on, but if it started Wednesday (day 0?) then I guess day 3 today. The level of exhaustion today is unreal. A lot of snot and coughing going on too but throat isn’t quite as bad. Defrosted some previously homemade soup for lunch, when I can find the energy to cook it.

I hope you start to feel a lot better soon @Lucyr

Day 4 for me and feeling tired but throat and nose cleared. Still doing steam treatment to keep throat moist and reduce the coughing. No temperature. I think I have been lucky.
I had a long hot shower for the steam this morning which seemed to help

My neighbour tested positive for 12 days though he felt OK after about 4 days just tired.

I know you don’t have to isolate any more and can go about your business as normal when covid positive, but it wouldn’t feel right to do so. Had tickets for holiday leaving yesterday but haven’t gone, would like to go on Friday instead but that’s only just over a week since testing positive, so can’t be sure whether I’ll be negative by then and can’t book!

Hello

If you’ve had covid, how were your blood sugars and for how long? Been feeling rubbish all day today so worked from home and did an LFT after work which was positive. Blood sugars have been high yesterday and today.
Hi Lucy

Sorry to hear that you have caught covid! I have recently recovered from catching covid for the first time and unfortunately from personal experience, blood sugar levels will be running fairly high. To counteract the effect, I tried to eat as little carbs as possible and check my blood sugar levels as frequent as I could (freestyle libre 2 helps with this). I know this isn’t great advice, however I do advise buying some ketone testing strips to make sure you are in range there. If those levels are okay, you should be over the worst of it within a week Best to stay WFH until you’re back to your normal self.

Yes will WFH until testing negative, it’s work rules that you can’t go into the office with symptoms, but haven’t been up to WFH let alone working in the office anyway.

I felt fine after few days just bit tired at times and bit bunged up but still tested positive for 14 days. My hubby and daughter neg after day 5.
Hope yours improves soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back