cost of diabetes - out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus preventing alcoholic damage to pancreases can prevent diabetes developing in some people...
In fact, in general, prevention of health problems and early treatment is best in all conditions.
On a similar note, I can remember early days of HIV / AIDS, when there were so-called "innocent victims" who contracted HIV through blood transfusions and "guilty victims" who caught it through sharing drug needles or sex. Not very helpful to have a hierarchy of deserving.

VERY interested in this post as i think this may be what happened to me! after a very heavy night involving copious amounts of beer and whisky (relatives 50th birthday) i became very ill, needing the doctor out three times because of intense pain around the pancreas area which eventually settled down.
Two or three months later i was diagnosed with type 2, ive often wondered if there was a link, perhaps i'll never know, what i DO know is my type 2 has proved quite easy to control (hba1c below 5.8 from 17.0 in ten months) and am wondering if perhaps my damaged pancreas is repairing itsef?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back