correction dossages

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys honestly there is no need to think you take a 'big' amount of insulin or anything like that - we are all individuals, so we just take what we need. for example, in the morning i can take up to 20u of novorapid depending on what i eat - but i'm on a ratio of 2u:10g carbs.

guys honestly there is no need to think you take a 'big' amount of insulin or anything like that - we are all individuals, so we just take what we need. for example, in the morning i can take up to 20u of novorapid depending on what i eat - but i'm on a ratio of 2u:10g carbs.

yup! amounts change - my own ratio is 1u insulin for every 6g carbs at breakfast

shiv, does that mean you're on a 1:5 ratio?

yup! amounts change - my own ratio is 1u insulin for every 6g carbs at breakfast

shiv, does that mean you're on a 1:5 ratio?

yep! for some reason i always put it as 2:10 though. don't ask me why, lol. think i'm just used to doing things in 10s.

yep! for some reason i always put it as 2:10 though. don't ask me why, lol. think i'm just used to doing things in 10s.

LOL! That's really funny. So I'm on a 2:3 ratio 😛 nah i'm pulling your leg. Its much easier to work in tens

Have you done dafne? Dafne tends to do it that way, keeping the 10g carbs (or 1cp) as the constant and changing the insulin, whereas other systems tend to keep the one unit as the constant and change the number of carbs.

Have you done dafne? Dafne tends to do it that way, keeping the 10g carbs (or 1cp) as the constant and changing the insulin, whereas other systems tend to keep the one unit as the constant and change the number of carbs.

oh i have yes - in 2008. i thought it was my way of thinking - evidently i've been infiltrated by DAFNE 😱

Ellowyne you can carb count as a type 2 with insulin resistance, I use 1:10 ratio so for every 10g of carb I add 1u of novorapid, so say I ate 60g of carbs I would add 6u of insulin to the base level of insulin I was told to use. Breakfast is 22u then whatever amount of insulin i need to add to that.. I can end up injecting 50u depending on what I have eaten. My levemir is 66u morning and 70u at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back