Contraception: Girls Only!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if the fact that you still want children might affect it - wouldn't have thought so. I think it is quite expensive so gp may be reluctant, but same as for strips - keep badgering.

I was offered it when I was 26, so i would have thought it would be suitable for you, Steff. Not sure if there is a lower age limit.

My friend had the implant in her arm and thought it was great.

Thanks I was just curious Pigeon

Lucy very good point 🙄

I was on Dianette after the birth of my daughter which is a combined pill. When i saw the nurse about pre pregnancy information she then warned me that being T1 increases the chance of a blood clot 3x to a normal woman using Dianette. My Dr argued that the benefits outweigh the negatives and being a healthy woman it should be ok 😱

Anyway, i am off it now but on reading up on the internet about this Pill its not something i would recommend unless you have bad skin (mine was simply amazing whilst on it) but has had an adverse effect since coming off. I am not convinced about this Pill and have done far too much research about this pill (which i wondered has caused other things) and it appears its got too many contraindications for my liking.

I am not into the Coil/injections or 'invasive' contraception that i have no control over so for now hubby has got to get used to the condom again...

Bernie xx 🙂

Hiya...

Quite early in my teens I was put on the mini pill for really awful period pain (every month I would be doubled up, vomiting, for 3-4 days 😱 despite trying nurofen plus, the specific period pain pills, and various chunky prescription jobs!). This seemed to help ease things and i stayed on it for years, until married & we actively were trying to conceive. Until then, we'd been using condoms too (being belt & braces kinda people! 😛).

I think you just have to work out what will be best for you - if you already have to have a morning / evening injection at a fairly rigid time, then taking a pill at the same time won't be a big issue (well, it wasn't for me! 🙂)

Best of luck!

I was offered it when I was 26, so i would have thought it would be suitable for you, Steff. Not sure if there is a lower age limit.

My friend had the implant in her arm and thought it was great.

I had the depo jab when I was 17 because of terrible period cramps but I ended up having a period the whole 6 months i was on it 😱 which was horrible I was later told that I should never have been put on it because it's not used for women with heavy periods apparently. (I wasn't diabetic then)

I hopefully will be back on the pill soon as my periods are just as bad as they used to be.

Thanks for all your replies ladies! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who can't find ideal contraception. Often seems like everyone else in the world is fine - not something which often comes up in conversation! May now ask about cerazette, but am still reluctant. I stopped taking the combined pill in January and monthly cycle & hormones are still a bit of a mess. Don't really want to mess myself up allover again if it doesn't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back