continuous glucose monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can hire a cgm from here:

http://www.londonmedical.co.uk/page1/46/153/

We went here for free training of the medtronic pump - they are all brilliant people and will help you with anything.🙂Bev

Hi Bev - thanks for that. They look quite expensive too, it is from ?195 for 2-5 days hire. There is also the hassle of getting to London from Edinburgh for me. I will speak to my clinic again, last time I mention borrowing the one they had I was told there was no point as I could not do anything with the results until I got my pump. Maybe now I am preggers I might be able to persuade them to loan it to me.

Hi Bev - thanks for that. They look quite expensive too, it is from ?195 for 2-5 days hire. There is also the hassle of getting to London from Edinburgh for me. I will speak to my clinic again, last time I mention borrowing the one they had I was told there was no point as I could not do anything with the results until I got my pump. Maybe now I am preggers I might be able to persuade them to loan it to me.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Of course you can do something with the results, what is your hospital on !!!

When Jessica had the CGMS - twice both times on injections, once mixes and once MDI. We found with the mixes she was hypoing all night without me knowing or her so we changed insulins. On MDI you can see trends so can tweak accordingly ie your insulin to carb ratios etc .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back