Constipation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just taken one sachet of movicol take another later. Been a week tomorrow since I’ve had the pleasure! Let’s hope for some result before tomorrow. You have all been a marvellous support x

A mild overdose of sugar free sweets might do the trick.

Yes someone told me sugar free chewing gum which been chewing all week. Sorry this must becoming very boring for everyone
Maybe watching a match between Man City and Liverpool might help too!!

Just taken one sachet of movicol take another later. Been a week tomorrow since I’ve had the pleasure! Let’s hope for some result before tomorrow. You have all been a marvellous support x
If it has been that long, I think you should seek medical attention.
It may be something serious or causing some other issues with that kind of "back up".

Last edited:
It does seem like a red flag as you have been taking things to try to help, a call to your GP or 111 might be an idea.

It might be that all the fibre is the reason for the immobility - just a thought but I have read of someone who required washing out due to a great blockage of fibrous matter they'd been taking thinking they were helping things along.

It is a problem, particularly in hot weather as the gut removes moisture back into the body and things set like concrete.
Don't overdo the laxatives - that can be dangerous if your gut is truly blocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back