confused and a little frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
right, my GP surgery still uses % to record, so that is all I know.
I am going to push to see if I can be tested for menopause and thyroid, having spoken to my mum about family history for these things. hopefully I'll get sorted
I was tested quite a few times for low thyroid and it was fine, fine, fine, and then 'something seriously wrong' - I have never had a GP who could tell me anything gently. Apparently thyroid failure is notoriously difficult to discover ad they are inclined to fail and recover many times before a final decline.
A couple of decdes after diagnosis, however, and I have had my medication reduced as my thyroid seems to feel a bit better. Perhaps the consistent low carb diet is the cause. I now take 125 micrograms of Thyroxine, not the 200 I was on for so long.

right, my GP surgery still uses % to record, so that is all I know.
I am going to push to see if I can be tested for menopause and thyroid, having spoken to my mum about family history for these things. hopefully I'll get sorted
Hi @Cobgirl Sarah, really sorry that things have been so confusing and frustrating recently - have you been able to follow up with your healthcare team? If so, how did it go? 🙂

Just to let you know, we have a HbA1c % to mmol/mol converter on our website if that helps for the future - it's towards the bottom of this page https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/managing-your-diabetes/hba1c

You can and should definitely ask for tests from your doctor if you feel you've not had these covered, I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with your care. If you ever want to talk your experiences through over the phone, our helpline number is at the top right-hand side of this page, we're open weekdays, 9 am to 6 pm, and our advisors are happy to listen and assist you as best they can 🙂

Hi @Cobgirl Sarah, really sorry that things have been so confusing and frustrating recently - have you been able to follow up with your healthcare team? If so, how did it go? 🙂

Just to let you know, we have a HbA1c % to mmol/mol converter on our website if that helps for the future - it's towards the bottom of this page https://www.diabetes.org.uk/guide-to-diabetes/managing-your-diabetes/hba1c

You can and should definitely ask for tests from your doctor if you feel you've not had these covered, I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with your care. If you ever want to talk your experiences through over the phone, our helpline number is at the top right-hand side of this page, we're open weekdays, 9 am to 6 pm, and our advisors are happy to listen and assist you as best they can 🙂
Thank you so much for your advice and help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back