Confused about situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a lot to get used to with a diagnosis of diabetes, and it’s not at all surprising that things would feel unfamiliar and anxiety inducing.

I had this when I started on an insulin pump after a couple of decades of injecting insulin - all of a sudden I had no frame of reference as to whether this, that, or the other thing ‘felt right’, or needed urgent attention!

It’s absolutely not unusual for insulin doses to need a bit of tweaking in the early weeks / months, especially as Drs often start on fairly conservative doses to reduce the risk of hypoglycaemia.

If you think the insulin isn’t working well for you, I’d suggest going back to your Dr or nurse with your observations and the sorts of readings you’ve been seeing.

thanks everyday it is making me anxious very much , i spoke with them the diabetes nurse today on the phone and said keep doing it , but i told them its a difficult thing to do when i struggle with mental illness as well , tbh some of the services these days are very poor

Looks like I can officially welcome you to the Type 3c club now @Anxious 63 !

Although getting to grips with the injections is a steep learning curve it does mean that you'll be able to have more choice in your diet, which will make it easier if you have days when some things are hard to eat.

Glad to hear that you have both long and short acting insulin so that when you manage to eat you can use your short acting insulin to cover it.

Good to hear you've been in contact with the diabetes team again. Hopefully you'll be in regular contact while you're getting your doses sorted.

It does get easier with time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back