Concerned daughter- help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry to hear this. My sympathies to you and your family.

@Carrie737 I’m so sorry to hear this. What a terrible shock. (((Hugs))) to you and your family.

I’m so very sorry. Please come back for support when ever you need it xx

Hi all,

Just an update from my original post.

Sadly, my mum passed away yesterday.

The treat for DKA is fluids, as u may know, her heart couldn’t cope with all the fluids and flooded her lungs, known as a flash pulmonary oedema (fluid in lungs), she also suffered a ‘silent’ heart attack, (Silent being common with Diabetic patients) she didn’t feel it but I noticed the change in her colour and breathing and informed the medics.

She fought through the night on Saturday, did a complete 180, which was great to see but suffered a cardiac arrest and passed away at 12:30 yesterday.

To say I’m heartbroken is an understatement. This was not a thought in my mind. I understood she was very sick but hoped she would make a complete recovery.

I’m so glad I contacted her GP practice on Friday night and got her the proper treatment she needed.

Thank-you for all your advice and hug all your loved ones, you just never know what’s around the corner.

Kind Regards,
Carrie
I’m so sorry for your loss Carrie. My mother-in-law died very suddenly in hospital 3 weeks ago after feeling ill at home for a week and a friend eventually calling the doctor out. It just seems so surreal. You did everything you could xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back