/CLOSED/ Your Voice Matters !! (Insulin Treatment & Hypo Survey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emyy

Relationship to Diabetes
HCP/Researcher
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey there, Diabetes UK community!

I'm Emeline, a student pursuing my Master's in Biomedical Management here in France.
I'm part of a team of fellow students working on a consulting project focused on developing a diabetes treatment.

We're currently surveying the type 1 diabetes landscape in the UK, and we'd love to hear from you.
Your insights will help us better understand the challenges you're facing, especially when it comes to managing hypoglycemia, and allow us to assess the needs and concerns of the community.

Would you be willing to take a few moments to share your experiences with us? Rest assured, all responses will be kept anonymous and used solely for research purposes.

Just click on the link below to access the survey if you're either a patient or a caregiver:

Survey Link for Patients and Caregivers

And if you're a healthcare professional, we've also prepared a similar survey tailored just for you:

Survey Link for Healthcare Professionals

Thank you so much for your time and valuable input. We truly appreciate it!

With gratitude,

Emeline

Grenoble Ecole de Management
Emeline Diep
183 avenue Jean Lolive, 93500 Pantin, France
+33780067694
emeline.diep@grenoble-em.com

Attachments

This has been approved.

It asks if hypoglycaemia is a major preoccupation for you and then insists you tell them how even if you answer "No".

It asks if hypoglycaemia is a major preoccupation for you and then insists you tell them how even if you answer "No".
I left the supplementary question blank, and it seemed to accept that.
I tried leaving the 'Do you have any further comments' blank, because I didn’t have any, and it objected, so I had to go back and type 'No' in the comments box.

It asks if hypoglycaemia is a major preoccupation for you and then insists you tell them how even if you answer "No"
I left the supplementary question blank, and it seemed to accept that.
I tried leaving the 'Do you have any further comments' blank, because I didn’t have any, and it objected, so I had to go back and type 'No' in the comments box.
I am sorry we overlooked that, those issues are resolved now. Thank you for your participation !

3 times I clicked submit it chucked it back saying I hadn't answered every question so I answered them again but the 3rd time, it accepted it. That, was a drag. Nearly abandoned it the 2nd time.

Done and encountered no problems.

Would have been better to have had an idea of the treatment they have in mind. I've been waiting a long time for a pump with dual reservoirs for insulin and glucagon which with a CGM would deserve to be called an "artificial pancreas". This seemed to suggest a single medication.....

3 times I clicked submit it chucked it back saying I hadn't answered every question so I answered them again but the 3rd time, it accepted it. That, was a drag. Nearly abandoned it the 2nd time.
I am sorry to hear you experienced several resets, I have looked for potential bottlenecks in the form, thank you for your perseverance!

Yeah I found some of the answers did not apply to the uk or pumps. We don’t pay for insulin in the uk as we have the nhs. And pumps give insulin constantly throughout 24 so definitely more than 6 times.
Also your answers for hypo treatment is very basic, sometimes I can just stop my insulin and don’t even need to consume anything

Would have been better to have had an idea of the treatment they have in mind. I've been waiting a long time for a pump with dual reservoirs for insulin and glucagon which with a CGM would deserve to be called an "artificial pancreas". This seemed to suggest a single medication.....
Hello, thank you for your participation! In this case, we are discussing the potential of a single compound containing both insulin and glucagon, formulated in a specific ratio.
Do you have any interest in type 2 diabetic persons on insulin?
We are focusing on type 1 diabetes as they rely on insulin daily, while it's not always the case for type 2. We would also be grateful if you would like to share your experience. In the first question, you can submit a customized answer, thank you!

Yeah I found some of the answers did not apply to the uk or pumps. We don’t pay for insulin in the uk as we have the nhs. And pumps give insulin constantly throughout 24 so definitely more than 6 times.
Also your answers for hypo treatment is very basic, sometimes I can just stop my insulin and don’t even need to consume anything
Thank you for the feedback. "More than 6 times a week" will be associated with the use of a pump then.
Regarding your point about hypo treatment, individual responses to hypoglycemia can vary a lot. We proposed 3 options but you are welcome to submit a customized answer tailored to your situation 🙂

Do you not mean that you would suspend basal to prevent a hypo but surely once your levels are actually below 4 you would eat/drink a small amount of rapid acting carbs as well as suspending basal? The question relates to actual hypos not preventing possible hypos.

As regards what I would be prepared to pay for something that helped me manage my diabetes better, I used to self fund Libre before getting it prescribed, so I worked on the basis that if something was really, really good and had very significant benefits for me and was not available on the NHS, I would pay up to a certain amount (that I could afford) out of my own pocket for it. Personally I would not find the proposed insulin/glucagon combo of interest to me, but I still answered the question as to what I might be prepared to pay for something which did have value to me.

Do you not mean that you would suspend basal to prevent a hypo but surely once your levels are actually below 4 you would eat/drink a small amount of rapid acting carbs as well as suspending basal? The question relates to actual hypos not preventing possible hypos.
The question allowed multiple answers.
I responded that I eat glucose AND I suspend the basal on my pump.
Yes, pump suspension can prevent hypos but sometimes they still happen and if I have IOB I will choose to suspend my pump at that time (if it isn't already).

Well the monetary amounts were shown in $ rather than £, plus my answer was Nil anyway, so ticked the $0 - $49. Until I actually see the scientific proof that Type 1 diabetes can be successfully treated by any other means than exogenous insulin, no way would I spend any of my own money. I which case, I still expect the NHS to provide it to me free of charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back