Clinics and chairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I was trying to say was that she wasn't saying ALL type 2s are obese, but some are (and this is fact, not me making it up - see my post above). I was a large Type 1 myself and those chairs Copepod was talking about would have fit me nicely but now they'd be too big.

I just think you're all reading more into her post than she ever meant and it's not fair to attack her personally because of a misinterpretation. Have a read of your own comments aimed at Copepod and think about how she feels reading them.

oh right so its ok for her to come on and make sweeping genrilsations about "huge" type 2,s and when they reply back(me) we have to take her feelings into considearatin when she has not when saying what she said in first place

Last edited:
Been sitting here reading this one, and all I can say is it's getting dangerous, almost witch hunt like!

Like Saminnocent in fear of being shot down here's my thoughts.

Generally everyone here, and I mean everyone is here for good not meaning to offend at all, however a turn of phrase can be misread by all, and no one out there (well almost) can say they haven't said something unfitting, and felt embarrassed or wished they hadn't said anything in the first place, to say things and not offend some one can be difficult when discussing certain topics.

Although you may say Copepod hasn't appologised, in a way she has explained why her comments were made with her busy day, we don't all appologise in the same manor!

You won't agree with me fine I'm not coming back to defend, and perhaps the request for Copepod to return is difficult as she has a busy day (not all skivers like me!) in the mean time a certain amount of people are winding themselves up, and it's not healthy.

Can I suggest this is left, closed or something?

Sam,

No-one is trying to be hurtful to copepod. All anyone is after is either an explanation (if it was said in jest etc) or an apology.

Sorry - but you are incorrect when you quote what copepod said in her original post. She said that ALL TYPE 2'S ARE HUGE. She then went back in and changed her wording.

The duties of a moderator are to keep things calm and to make sure that everyone feels comfortable expressing themselves. But, on this occasion it is copepod herself who has caused the upset - so surely she should be given the chance to explain.🙂Bev

righto so basically come in here offend people and thats fine, the matter will just be dealt with by closing the thread,so the people left feeling offended just get on with it ! thats great that is!!

Thanks Rossi_mac, I'd be happy for this whole thing to be closed too before someone is burned at the stake!

this is a forum and is not always going to be happy , surely closing a thread becasue it has got heated is slightly unfair, im seeing that most that want it closed or neither type 2 or overweight

It is not right for people to come on here and insult the reason I suggested closing this thread is that no good is coming from it, or at least in my opinion

Thanks Rossi_mac, I'd be happy for this whole thing to be closed too before someone is burned at the stake!

Sam,

No-one is trying to do a 'witch-hunt' (like rossi says)- if you were not offended by copepods remarks then that is good. However, on my aunties behalf - I am offended. Trying to ridicule peoples hurt with phrases like 'burned at the stake' and 'witch hunt' is making things worse. Bev

You're right Rossi_mac - Copepod has already tried to explain her post on here but people don't seem interested in her explanation. The only thing this thread is doing now is allowing people to put more and more insulting comments about Copepod, not engage her in conversation, and wind everybody else up. Moderators, please close this thread as Rossi_mac suggests.

You're right Rossi_mac - Copepod has already tried to explain her post on here but people don't seem interested in her explanation. The only thing this thread is doing now is allowing people to put more and more insulting comments about Copepod, not engage her in conversation, and wind everybody else up. Moderators, please close this thread as Rossi_mac suggests.

absoultly unbelivable.

I haven't been visiting the forums much lately as I've been suffering from depression again and could not cope with the negativity on the forums at that time.
Now I come back and the first post I read is this.
I think it may be time to unsubscribe permanently.

Goodness me! I go out to do a bit of shopping and come back to this!😱

People, I know that some people took great offence at Copepod's original remark - there was a sharp intake of breath from me when I first read it - but she went back and modified it, still wanting to make her point about her experience of clinics providing only large chairs. Which, if you think about it is a bit controversial of the clinics in that they expect the majority of their patients to require them. Anyway, that's by the by. I can see you are very upset about this, but the argument is not going anywhere and is not good for everyone's levels (not meaning any flippancy there, BTW).

I will close this thread and please leave the situation with me - and give me a little time please, I know I'm generally around, but I do have some semblance of a life away from here so can't always react immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back