Clinic today...another one thats had me in tears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good news!

And hopefully you wont have to see that particular moron again! 🙂

Sorry to hear you had such a bad appointment. The attitude of that doctor stinks. I can't believe some of the things she said. You have done the right thing going back to the DSN, I hope the consultant sorts it out for you in the New Year.

result sam well done for talking to DSN good luck next time xxx

Hi Sam,

Sorry only just read the thread to reply.

What an awful experience, sorry for you that you have had to endure that.

A complaint is definately in order. I would suggest doing a blanket and sending it to the Lead Consultant of your diabetes clinic (I did this once, it worked a treat), also contacting the PALs department at the RSH (the complaints assistance who will guide you through the process and keep it on track).I have just looked at the RSH website and Im not impressed there is no link in their website to the PALs assistance so you may have to phone the main switchboard number for some contact details.

Its hard to feel better about something like this. Ive had a few momentously bad consultations like this myself and it takes a while to bounce back I know. But there is not an excuse for this and you deserve better so tell them!

Bless you- what a rotten experience :(

That sucks, hope you do follow through and lodge a moan or two.

If she isn't the only one maybe you can request never to see her again and put it in your notes (assuming they read them, which I'm not sure about either to be honest)

I can understand her saying no to pump first off, she or the team there have to build up an impression (I think they use red clay!) of you.

Hope they say yes soon though Sam.

🙂

I can understand her saying no to pump first off, she or the team there have to build up an impression (I think they use red clay!) of you.

Hope they say yes soon though Sam.

🙂

ta

but i bloody can't. Especially when the notes in front of her said i'd been to them (nurses) THREE times before about one! GAH! Nevermind, nursey has got me on the list. HURRAH

list for what?? a pump?! what does that mean exactly??

theres no pump clinic at Southampton yet, so while they get one set up (the money has gone missing apparently...) they're making a list of everyone eligable. And I'm on it. Except I said I wanted one NOW and didn't want to wait cuz well...i suck at diabetes, and she was all like 'cool, in the new year i'll throw your notes at the prof and phone you back and drag you in for a chat'. I'll probably have to go to winchester for it, but i don't care. PUMP YAY!

She was totally HORRIFIED when I told her what happened yesterday and was all like 'yeah but...we put in your notes you'd be perfect for one...' same goes for my lantus issues too. Bless her, she phoned me twice to let me know what would be happening and when!

that's so cool. it sounds like you're on the right path finally! grrr! wish me luck!

i feel like i'm playing a card game...with the hand i have now, i MAY be able to get a pump but it will take a lot of pushing and a lot of time...but i have a mystery hand in the form of Gloucestershire PCT, who could be better or worse. or the same. and i don't know whether to switch over to there.

I bloody hope so! I'll probably have to give them a little reminder in the new year, maybe give them a ring around the 8-10th jan just to check up on it. Last time they said they'd ring they never did HAH. I'm not gunna let this one go, seriously!

Hmmm, definitely do some research into it 🙂 Is there anyone down your way you can ask about the glouc one?

theres no pump clinic at Southampton yet, so while they get one set up (the money has gone missing apparently...) they're making a list of everyone eligable. And I'm on it. Except I said I wanted one NOW and didn't want to wait cuz well...i suck at diabetes, and she was all like 'cool, in the new year i'll throw your notes at the prof and phone you back and drag you in for a chat'. I'll probably have to go to winchester for it, but i don't care. PUMP YAY!

She was totally HORRIFIED when I told her what happened yesterday and was all like 'yeah but...we put in your notes you'd be perfect for one...' same goes for my lantus issues too. Bless her, she phoned me twice to let me know what would be happening and when!

she sounds fantastic. I wish she could come and sort my lot out too

i tried prying at the nurse at the doctor's today but she didn't seem to know much (which is concerning, seeing as she is the surgery's "DSN").

WAIT I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING. there is a Forest of Dean Diabetes Support Group!! i must go!! aha! surely someone there will know something! next meeting is first monday of jan...not too far now!

that's so cool. it sounds like you're on the right path finally! grrr! wish me luck!

i feel like i'm playing a card game...with the hand i have now, i MAY be able to get a pump but it will take a lot of pushing and a lot of time...but i have a mystery hand in the form of Gloucestershire PCT, who could be better or worse. or the same. and i don't know whether to switch over to there.

You could put a freedom of information request in and ask how long the pump waiting list is there. Or I wonder if there is anybody on this or anyother forums who goes there.

I'm glad things are looking up a bit Sam. I'd still write a letter to the PCT though and tell them how that locum treated you. She shouldn't get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back