ClickSTAR pen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get one of these and stop using the disposable Lantus pens - must be more green :D

yeah especially if you are still using those horrible white disposable ones! I remember the photo of them in your fridge from before you went to Oz.

the only problem i found the other night was when i unscrewed the needle the cartridge bit got loose and the plunger went back, lucky I noticed really.

Sam

I wish I could get a Clickstar or any other pen for use with Insulin Glargine that registers more than 40 units. At present I've been given an Autopen 24 that only goes to 40. So I now have to inject twice as I need 52 units.
I used an Autopen a few years ago and found it a bit unreliable - and with use the scale of units rubbed off.

Welcome to the forum SAM.

I wish I could get a Clickstar or any other pen for use with Insulin Glargine that registers more than 40 units. At present I've been given an Autopen 24 that only goes to 40. So I now have to inject twice as I need 52 units.
I used an Autopen a few years ago and found it a bit unreliable - and with use the scale of units rubbed off.

Hi Sam, welcome to the forum 🙂 The Clickstar for use with lantus/glargine goes up to 80 units in 1 unit increments, ask your GP for one 🙂 I think Autopens are universally disliked!

Last edited:
I've been using the Clikstar for under a year now, the Autopen 24 was horrible and I had really bad bruises from it. Went to my DSN and she gave me 2 on the spot (i'm sorry for those that don't have easy access to one, fingers crossed you get one soon)

The thing with the Clikstar is the size of it, its double the thickness of the Autopen, however I soon got use to it and I appriecate that I can control the injection flow.

I like that my Lantus is not in a disposable pen, as my Novorapid is disposable and I hate that I have to throw the pen away.

I like that my Lantus is not in a disposable pen, as my Novorapid is disposable and I hate that I have to throw the pen away.

No need to use disposable pens for novorapid - why not get a novopen 4 or an echo? 🙂

Doh, I always thought Novorapid could only come in disposable pens! I will ask my DSN when I next see her

I've had the Clikstar for my lantus since diagnosis (well since I started on insulin 6 months ago)

It is chunky but I haven't known anything different yet! I would like it to be smaller, the smaller the better for carting all this stupid diabetes stuff around!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back