ClickSTAR pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaraway

So manage to get myself a ClickSTAR pen yesterday, it's the new cartridge pen for Lantus. Just wondering if anyone else uses it and what you think of it?

My first thoughts are I think I like it a bit better than the autopen24 but still doesn't match the Novopen.

Hadn't heard of it Nikki. I've never been that keen on the Autopen 24, quality just not as good as my novopen so have never really trusted it (although it is obviously working! 🙂) How many units can it deliver?

Neither had I until yesterday, when i was given it. It goes up to 80 units in 1 unit increments,

Will try and find a pic and post a link

Im on Novopens.

I love the name of yours though 🙂

xx

These do look interesting, and come in three colours

D2B41B43-DF7B-4CA4-8075-EA6FD6E92BEA.gif

Might have to ask DSN about these so I can stop getting told off about jamming my lantus cartridges into my Humapen's 😉

NiVZ

I use a solostar pre filled pen for lantus. Use to use autopen and wasn't that keen but recently got the prefilled one and works ok for me. I have tried to attach a photo, lets see if it works. x

Attachments

• photo_newnownext_4_1_large.jpg
    photo_newnownext_4_1_large.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,472
I have been using this pen since thursday and I have to say I think I am going to stick with it. It is slightly bigger than the autopen but I like being able to control the speed of insulin being injected.

I have been using this pen since thursday and I have to say I think I am going to stick with it. It is slightly bigger than the autopen but I like being able to control the speed of insulin being injected.

Ooh! That's my big grips with the autopen - it just fires the stuff straight into you! Might have to ask for a clickstar next prescription...🙂

Asked my DSN and they don't have any :(

Going to request one from GP on prescription tonight 😉

NiVZ

Hello,

Just heard back from GP and these aren't available on prescription (at least in my surgery/pharmacy) until July.

At the moment the only way to get one is direct from a rep or DSN :(

NiVZ

Clikstar pen

Hi there. I've just been given the Clikstar and I HATE it! Up to now I've been using the Novopen and an Owen Mumford pen for Lantus. The Owen Mumford was OK, but I loved the Novopen. Sleek, metallic and very slim. Both pens fitted into a very discrete case which went into a small handbag or a pocket easily. Now I'm lumbered with a tacky looking plastic contraption which is huge, and comes in a boring black case which - when I've got both pens I need in it - has no room for the needles. How stupid is that?! Realistically I have no choice, and my diabetes is better controlled with the new insulin (Insuman Rapid) but if I have to do 5 injections a day I want to use a nice looking pen. The Sonofi aventis website says that they consulted with thousands of diabetics in the design of this thing. Well, they certainly didn't consult me!😡

Last edited:
I use the same as you Smit and was on the same one as you before too but I didn't get on with the chunky monkey of a pen!! I like the SoloStar as its nice and light to use....

Bernie xx 🙂

Glenda do you like the Lily pens? Just wondering if so maybe you could use humalin S?

I definatly prefer Novopens but do like the clikstar over the autopen24, and the clickstar has gotta be better than the disposable pen that insuman comes in?

Glenda do you like the Lily pens? Just wondering if so maybe you could use humalin S?

I definatly prefer Novopens but do like the clikstar over the autopen24, and the clickstar has gotta be better than the disposable pen that insuman comes in?

Geek alert! 😉 😉 :D

Hi Getcarter, I lile the solostar also. I think its very similar to the novapoen. I hated the autopen 24, but used it for years as it did the job. I don't think the lantus people will ever create a pen as good as novapen. The solostar is as good as it gets i think, although i have not seen this new clickstar yet, but if its big and chunky i don't want it. 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back