Circle D

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey now, birmingham is great! 😛

Point, i dont live quite in Birmingham, Poss closer to kiddiminster.
Anyway, welcom back to the midlands Shiv!

I suppose, i hadnt thought of all the legal paperwork involved with under 16. I do youth work, i really should have.

I dunno Shelly, ive been to Kent (Well herne bay) and it was nicer then scutty brum! >.<
His name is phil. He was the really tall dark hair one with glasses. (Sorry dont wanna put his full name)
Its because of the group (that failed) that we got together (cue 'ahhh's' from the audience 😛)
I couldnt quite understand why the groups aimed at 18-30's, i thought it should have poss started at 16. hell i would have appreciated it at 16.

I agree with Nothener, i am disillusioned with DUK, but mostly because they seem to aim advertising and groups toward type 2's (Please dont take offence anyone :( )

Ah yeah I remember Phil, he's lovely, good for u hun!!!! I think its cos there are support weekends etc in place for up to about age 16 and then nothing for 18-30's??? Not really sure...theres always more that can be done support wise thats the trouble!! I'm on a mission to keep motivating ppl to set up groups! xxx

I would guess they set it at 18 as once you start working with under 18s you can get into a lot of legislation around child/young adult protection and responsibility etc, I'd imagine it's simplier to set it at 18 where there's less risk/confusion
O yeah v good point Aymes!!! x

Point, i dont live quite in Birmingham, Poss closer to kiddiminster.
Anyway, welcom back to the midlands Shiv!

I suppose, i hadnt thought of all the legal paperwork involved with under 16. I do youth work, i really should have.

you should come to the first MyD meeting - details here and here 🙂

I shall certainly be interested shiv, but work blocks facebook. Suppose its a good thing really, id spend all day on bejeweled blitz :D

Thanks Shelly. 🙂

I think we need to know the difference between and ONLINE support group and a PHYSICAL support group... or am i being a numpty AGAIN lol..

Hi Shelb, not sure I could organise a hole in a paper bag let alone a meeting of Circle D for 'oldies' LOL. Although it may be quite interesting to see how many 30+ diabetics would be interested in a Circle D for them? Perhaps we could take a poll and see where that would lead us?

I do so agree there is a lack of support for all ages and types of Diabetes and that treatment and equipment is very hit and miss too!

Take care all, shirl

Hi Shelb, not sure I could organise a hole in a paper bag let alone a meeting of Circle D for 'oldies' LOL. Although it may be quite interesting to see how many 30+ diabetics would be interested in a Circle D for them? Perhaps we could take a poll and see where that would lead us?

I do so agree there is a lack of support for all ages and types of Diabetes and that treatment and equipment is very hit and miss too!

Take care all, shirl

I've been thinking about this maybe setting up a local group with regular meetings and building a loose network similar to Circle D for the 30+ people. The thing that has put me off in the past has been that DUK already have such groups dotted around the country so there's potentially a clash there. However, I suspect that the DUK groups and online forums such as ours rarely collide. I base this on the fact that, to my knowledge we've only ever had a couple of people actively announcing meetings etc. and those have been extremely few and far between!

I'll give it some thought! 🙂

I've been thinking about this maybe setting up a local group with regular meetings and building a loose network similar to Circle D for the 30+ people. The thing that has put me off in the past has been that DUK already have such groups dotted around the country so there's potentially a clash there. However, I suspect that the DUK groups and online forums such as ours rarely collide. I base this on the fact that, to my knowledge we've only ever had a couple of people actively announcing meetings etc. and those have been extremely few and far between!

I'll give it some thought! 🙂

Ok i'll start circle olDies will meet....

time.....

date......

location.....

all you got to do is fill in the rest lol

this is my point about asking for all the local groups.... i want to see how many existing ones there are... i am going to create a central site where you can find a support group in your area.. whether its DUK... Circle D.. JDRF .. bit like carphone warehouse lol....i think one of the reasons they start and close is lack of knowledge they exist.... anyone agree??/

yes lee there is a need for this sort of central resourse good for you setting this up !! re circle D ...i am a honoury member of all of the ones on fb ...love it !!! but i am Just lovin the concept of circle olDies !! DUK take note !!!🙂

yes lee there is a need for this sort of central resourse good for you setting this up !! re circle D ...i am a honoury member of all of the ones on fb ...love it !!! but i am Just lovin the concept of circle olDies !! DUK take note !!!🙂

I'm lovin it too (blimey this could be a macdonalds ad lol)

😱😱 no i hate that im goina have to change my phrasiology !!🙂

Last edited:
Hey Shiv, just a quick note to let you know that i joined on facebook! :D

Im unsure of the meeting as im not too familiar with brum, and i work till 5 at wolvo, get home at 6. and refuse point blank to drive to brum. May need some carefull thinking..

Another note, I dont see why the groups have to be limited to 30? surely from this site alone, it has been proven that old and young alike can help and guide each other.

Anywhos, im off to play with alot of sand. *waves*

Hey Shiv, just a quick note to let you know that i joined on facebook! :D

Im unsure of the meeting as im not too familiar with brum, and i work till 5 at wolvo, get home at 6. and refuse point blank to drive to brum. May need some carefull thinking..

Another note, I dont see why the groups have to be limited to 30? surely from this site alone, it has been proven that old and young alike can help and guide each other.

Anywhos, im off to play with alot of sand. *waves*

i've said 35 as a guideline, but i'm not checking ID. i think it's been found that the DUK groups tend to attract a lot of the over 35 population, hence the 'gap' in the market.

there are a couple of people planning to come in by train - if you have a look at the facebook group i think a couple of people commented they may come in by train. i'm more than happy to give you written directions, or depending on what time you got in i could meet you at the station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back