Christmas without sweets and chocolates

Status
Not open for further replies.
im kind of dreading it this year as it will be my first year that i cant just eat what i want, i realy dont know how it will go. i usaly buy the tins of sweets in for xmas but this year im not cause i know i would eat to many. have to say though that any wee piece of chocy that ive had so far just dosent taste the same anymore, so maybe i wont be as temped as i think i would. hopefuly lol

So it isn't just me then!

I really did used to pig out and a whole layer of chocolates could go in one sitting - easily. I just won't buy them but I will want to be eating something whilst everyone else is dipping into the crisps and sweetie trays all over the house I go to at Christmas. I will eat some as I am not a saint but I don't want to over-indulge

I have a few squares of the Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate from time to time - only 1.4g carb per square so no worries there. It's an acquired taste though.

That's my favourite too but I only allow myself one square a day.:D

I'll make my own microwave crisps, probably with sweet potato and a few dips too. I'll melt a little dark chocolate (at least 70%) and dip things like strawberries and orange segments in it. That way, I get the sweet treat but only a tiny amount. I think I'll have a go at making apple crisps in the microwave as well, sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg they might be nice and Christmassy. I wonder if pear would work? Hmm....

I'll make my own microwave crisps, probably with sweet potato and a few dips too. I'll melt a little dark chocolate (at least 70%) and dip things like strawberries and orange segments in it. That way, I get the sweet treat but only a tiny amount. I think I'll have a go at making apple crisps in the microwave as well, sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg they might be nice and Christmassy. I wonder if pear would work? Hmm....

Sounds yummy, thanks for the idea.

K was dx just before Easter this year and (almost) her first question was - 'can i have any Easter Eggs?' Lucky for her she's never been a chocolate or sweet monster (i'm a meany Mum :D ) but one of the hardest things for her is not just being able to eat random amounts of food, even at a Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back