Cholesterol - side conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is curious. I'd want more details before being persuaded. Coincidences do happen, after all.
Nah, it seems to be a fairy tale to sell books for fad diets, no one has ever posted anything other than a rumour off the internet from very dodgy sources.

Nah, it seems to be a fairy tale to sell books for fad diets, no one has ever posted anything other than a rumour off the internet from very dodgy sources.
While coincidences do happen, people also sometimes make things up and exaggerate statistics from dubious sources.

You know what I decided a long time ago? We're all going to die, being born carries a fatal prognosis. I also had a very adverse reaction to statins. I decided I'd rather die of CVD with all my marbles, than lose them again.

You know what I decided a long time ago? We're all going to die, being born carries a fatal prognosis. I also had a very adverse reaction to statins. I decided I'd rather die of CVD with all my marbles, than lose them again.
Exactly what I said to the rather ill informed person calling to - yet again - try to persuade me that my arteries would fur up if I did not take a statin. There is no mention in my notes of the way I reacted to taking tablets for only 5 weeks - so no wonder it is a safe and effective medication.
My sister is so sad at losing her husband to statins.
He is still there - sitting staring at the TV unable to follow the plot of what he is watching - but he can't be engaged in conversation, they don't go out riding their bikes or even take an impromptu trip out - he gets the wrong exit on roundabouts and his driving is deteriorating, and he used to be a bus driver and won certificates for his ability to handle any type of PTV.

Exactly what I said to the rather ill informed person calling to - yet again - try to persuade me that my arteries would fur up if I did not take a statin. There is no mention in my notes of the way I reacted to taking tablets for only 5 weeks - so no wonder it is a safe and effective medication.
My sister is so sad at losing her husband to statins.
He is still there - sitting staring at the TV unable to follow the plot of what he is watching - but he can't be engaged in conversation, they don't go out riding their bikes or even take an impromptu trip out - he gets the wrong exit on roundabouts and his driving is deteriorating, and he used to be a bus driver and won certificates for his ability to handle any type of PTV.

Does he still take them?

Does he still take them?
Yes - his doctor insists that they are necessary due to his age even though there were no problems with his health when first prescribed.

Yes - his doctor insists that they are necessary due to his age even though there were no problems with his health when first prescribed.
Ah well, if your sister still makes him take them ever after you told how well you recovered, there is nothing else you can do to make them change their minds, and the doctor won't be checking.
Even a few weeks break should have made a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back