Chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the theme of bitterness in dark chocolate, I enjoy a square or two along with cup of sweetened coffee.

I would recommend the carbs and calorie book. It's been a great help to me reducing carbs

Heavenly Chocolate , as seen on Dragons Den. Sugar free and low carb, lots of nice flavours, a bit pricey though , only available on line direct from them.

Heavenly Chocolate , as seen on Dragons Den. Sugar free and low carb, lots of nice flavours, a bit pricey though , only available on line direct from them.
Here's the nutrition information: https://pureheavenly.com/pages/nutritional-information

Once upon a time I had a thing for carob coated nuts. I think they were reasonably low sugar (though I'm willing to believe not as low as I believed at the time). I'll also concede that they weren't really very chocolatey.

(My preference is smallish quantities of good quality chocolate, normally dark chocolate of various kinds at around 70%. But then I'm not trying to eat low carb.)

Here's the nutrition information: https://pureheavenly.com/pages/nutritional-information

Once upon a time I had a thing for carob coated nuts. I think they were reasonably low sugar (though I'm willing to believe not as low as I believed at the time). I'll also concede that they weren't really very chocolatey.

(My preference is smallish quantities of good quality chocolate, normally dark chocolate of various kinds at around 70%. But then I'm not trying to eat low carb.)
I had a box from The Chocolate Source, they do a whole range including sugar free and Keto but also pretty expensive and a bit of a fight to find what the carbs are,

Compare :
Pure Heavenly. - per 30g - Carbs 12.2g, of which sugars 0.4g
Tesco Intense. - per 20g - Carbs 4.4g, of which sugars 3.0g
Moser Roth (Aldi) - per 25g - Carbs 4.6, of which sugars 3.5g

Picking the bones from that, what are the relative merits and which is the ‘healthiest’?
Does it come down to taste preference?

Probably, yes.
I think you’re right, but ...... price difference is quite significant:

Pure Heavenly - £1.87 per 30g.
Tesco Intense - 20p per 20g.
Moser Roth - 30p per 25g.

Bottom line is that Pure Heavenly has a wider taste variety but relatively ultra expensive.

At the momment my day consists of ceral for breakfast usually oats so simple porridge for lunch a sandwich of cheese or ham. Evening meal maybe salmon with rice. Up until now had alot of junk food
Ouch - carbs with carbs and then carbs - if you take out the stodgy starches it means you can eat more chocolate.
The ham, cheese and salmon are fine - your menu shows where the high numbers are coming from and so it ought to be easy to return to the more normal range just by reducing or changing to lower carb foods.

Bottom line is that Pure Heavenly has a wider taste variety but relatively ultra expensive.
Yes. I don't eat much, but £1.87 for 30g would hurt! Unless it tastes really good, I guess.

It would have to be really good, since the Moser Roth chocolates are pretty nice and are so much cheaper.

I rather liked the bars of chilli chocolate at Aldi. Don't shop there very often but got them once to try and rather liked them... 4 or 5 little individual bars in the pack.. Not sure if they weren't Moser Roth.
I tend to shop at Lidl and buy their 70% cocoa Salted Caramel or Raspberry or the 85% plain GD Gross and just have half a square at a time broken into half and eaten with peanut butter.

Don't shop there very often but got them once to try and rather liked them... 4 or 5 little individual bars in the pack.. Not sure if they weren't Moser Roth.
Yes, that's them.
I tend to shop at Lidl and buy their 70% cocoa Salted Caramel or Raspberry or the 85% plain GD Gross
I must try those (with and without peanut butter). There's a Lidl within walking distance whereas Aldi is a bus ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back