Chocolate with low calories and very very low carbs and no sugar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hart

Relationship to Diabetes
I have just made a very nice dark chocolate with few calories, virtually carb free and without any sugar. It is extremely easy to make and all you need is a saucepan, a bowl that fits on top of the saucepan and a ice cube making tray and about 10 minutes of your time. Let me know if you are interested in this recipe?

We say here that no question is too silly but I am afraid @Kevin yours must be the silliest question in the world. (joking). Yes, yes, yes to have chocolate (any chocolate) that is virtually carb free and only a few calories - has anyone said no they do not want the recipe. OMG yes please.

Hi, I will post it on my website cookwithkev.net within a few days, I want to try a few things to tweek it here and there but the results are pleasing but it will defineately be an adult dark chocolate. I am experimenting with acceptable additions to the chocolate to make it more interesting but it will be with you soon.

I suggest you do look at my website if you want this chocolate recipe as I would not have time or the inclination to re-write it on this site when all you would have to do is click the link I will provide, simples!

Chocolate Recipe hopefully for most if not all diabetics. As far as I can ascertain the only ingredient that is contentious is the coconut oil that seems perfect for some critics but not for others. You will have to reach your own decision on this one I am afraid. On a good note it is perfect for those who like the bitter/sweetness of Pomegranate molasses.
Probably not the best idea to use an silicon bottomed ice cube mound as has you can see made the bottom dull and not bright like the rawest of the chocolate.
You can of course add nuts et cetera to this recipe, hope you enjoy, Kevin
http://cookwithkev.net/dark-diabetic-chocolate-with-pomegranate-molasses/

Thanks for this Kevin, I SO need to try it!! I am a bit concerned about getting the ingredients, would they be something all supermarkets would stock?

Does it work without the molasses?

Hi Drummer, it would still be chocolate but the taste is unknown to me at present but I would imagine it to be very bitter. I am at the moment working on a new chocolate with banana and added vanilla and will have that ready for trying in the near future. Do not try and sweeten with stevia et cetera as it will not dissolve and will leave with a sweet gritty tasting chocolate.

Molasses is not good for my BGL neither is banana do these raise the carbs content
Carol

Are the links to Amazon affiliated to you, paying you a sort of commission?

Yes that search box is one of the Affiliate tools that bloggers can use to try to fund their endeavours. As far as I know the items cost the same to the end user. We have a similar box on our blog, but have never earned a bean from it (always just below the payment threshold).

Last edited:
Yes that search box is one of the Affiliate tools that bloggers can use to try to fund their endeavours. As far as I know the items cost the same to the end user. We have a similar box on our blog, but have never earned a bean from it (always just below the payment threshold).

Thanks for confirming that.

Hi Drummer, it would still be chocolate but the taste is unknown to me at present but I would imagine it to be very bitter. I am at the moment working on a new chocolate with banana and added vanilla and will have that ready for trying in the near future. Do not try and sweeten with stevia et cetera as it will not dissolve and will leave with a sweet gritty tasting chocolate.
I don't eat sweet things so my taste is rather different from the standard.
I happily eat high coco chocolate, and exclude high carb foods, so the molasses doesn't qualify as part of my menu - similarly banana is too high carb, and when doing any baking I need to be very aware of the quantity of sweetener advised as it is normally far too much.

Pomegranate molasses are not the same as other molasses and act in a different way. Please visit this link for further information
Extract:
Aug. 29, 2006 -- Drinking pomegranate juice may help people with diabetes reduce their risk of heart disease.

A preliminary new study shows that people with diabetes who drank pomegranate juice for three months had a lower risk of atherosclerosis -- or hardening of the arteries. In addition, the pomegranate juice appeared to slow the absorption of unhealthy LDL cholesterolLDL cholesterol by immune cells.

People with diabetes have increased risk for atherosclerosis, which contributes to coronary heart disease, heart attacks, strokes, and other circulation problems.

These results suggest that the antioxidants found in pomegranate juice may be especially beneficial in reducing these heart-related risks associated with diabetes.

I was asked am I paid a commission on my amazon links? In theory yes but I've yet to reach the commission level where I have benefited from my association from them. It costs me money to keep the site going so I do hope to get the odd donation to help with the expenses.

Pomegranate molasses has 9g of carbs let 100g
Carol
Are you sure that is not per serving?
I just looked up a couple and they were 45 to 50 percent sugar. That is way over my limit of 10 percent max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back