Chemist delays

Hiya, every month my prescription is delayed, not all of it just some of it, this time for a week so far and counting, stll 4 pens owed to me.
I'm wondering if its just a my local area thing or is this happening accross the country? I asked the staff why it happens every month and they said its because the manufacturer struggles to source the materials, I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what they said.
I'm on Fiasp and Tresiba, its always the Fiasp which is delayed and annoyingly that's the most important one for me.
I've been in this situation too.When I was first diagnosed with type one diabetes my old GP surgery suggested I used Boots to get my prescriptions done.They were dangerously slow and one visit completely got my prescription wrong. Luckily for me I changed to an independent pharmacy and they were terrific.

Funnily enough (well, not funny really), I have never had any problems getting Fiasp cartridges - but when I went to my loacl pharmacy this afternoon to pick up a repeat prescription (requested Monday I think) and authorised by my GP the same day, I was told they are taking longer to get hold of them and it would be there tomorrow - hopefully this was just a glitch and there is not a shortage of the cartridges too (perhaps due to people being swapped on to re-usable pens) - this has never happened before and I usually collect prescriptions from my local chemist the following day from them being authorised (and actually on the same day on a couple of occasions)

Back