Change insulin times

Status
Not open for further replies.
My levels in the morning, before dinner and before tea are usually pretty good. It’s before bed my levels are high.
Are you saying that your day time readings are better than the 12-14 you mentioned earlier and it is just you bedtime reading that is still 18-20 as that as you say is pretty high and would be worrying.
I suspect it is because you have no bolus insulin to cope with the carbs in your evening meal.

My levels in the morning, before dinner and before tea are usually pretty good. It’s before bed my levels are high.

So a bolus/meal insulin before your tea might stop that 🙂

So before my dosage time change I’m usually between 6-10 before meals and was 12-14 before bed.
This week the doctor told me to space out the doses I’m the same before dinner and tea but now I’m 18-20 before bed. So I feel that it’s not working as well spacing it out.

So before my dosage time change I’m usually between 6-10 before meals and was 12-14 before bed.
This week the doctor told me to space out the doses I’m the same before dinner and tea but now I’m 18-20 before bed. So I feel that it’s not working as well spacing it out.
You really need to take the Lantus morning and evening.
As it's a background insulin it wont make any difference that you don't eat breakfast. I don't eat breakfast either 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back