CGM is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks for the tips, Adrienne. I didn't know about the 2mmol or the ISIG number so that's a great help 🙂

I've texted DSN to ask her about the transmitter & charger.

Many thanks for the tips, Adrienne. I didn't know about the 2mmol or the ISIG number so that's a great help 🙂

I've texted DSN to ask her about the transmitter & charger.

Excellent. I hope she lets you have a charger, it is useless without it unfortunately.

🙂

[rant]Lo and behold, I can't get in touch with DSN.

I phoned Medtronic and they said if I take this sensor out and wait a few days before inserting another, the battery in the transmitter should be okay to begin with, but they couldn't guarantee it. They said the average life of the battery is 14 days. So 6 days with this sensor, 2 days without, and 6 days with another at the most. So the 3rd sensor I have will probably be useless because the transmitter will likely die before I can insert it.

I think the reason my DSN kept the charger was so that I couldn't just run off with the transmitter, seeing as it's so expensive. I got the impression she did that with everyone who borrowed a transmitter. And this is an area of Scotland with good funding for diabetes care.

I don't want to waste a sensor on this weekend. I really wanted the CGM for when I go back to work for peace of mind (I did tell DSN that, but she slapped it on me there and then anyway). I think I'll take my chances and wait until Sunday for the next sensor. The combination of the sensor and the tegaderm are making the skin on my stomach really itchy, so it would be nice to have a break from wearing it.

In all honesty, I can't wait to pull this thing out! It's getting really quite uncomfortable, and the results it's giving me are way off. I seemed to get 2, maybe 3, days of accurate results out of the sensor. Now it's starting to annoy me because a) when I download to Carelink it will be a lot of rubbish and b) it keeps buzzing at me - this morning in the shower I got "lost sensor", and I got another callibration error earlier. [/rant]

Again, I am coming to the conclusion that I need to win the lottery 🙂

[rant]Lo and behold, I can't get in touch with DSN.

I phoned Medtronic and they said if I take this sensor out and wait a few days before inserting another, the battery in the transmitter should be okay to begin with, but they couldn't guarantee it. They said the average life of the battery is 14 days. So 6 days with this sensor, 2 days without, and 6 days with another at the most. So the 3rd sensor I have will probably be useless because the transmitter will likely die before I can insert it.

I think the reason my DSN kept the charger was so that I couldn't just run off with the transmitter, seeing as it's so expensive. I got the impression she did that with everyone who borrowed a transmitter. And this is an area of Scotland with good funding for diabetes care.

I don't want to waste a sensor on this weekend. I really wanted the CGM for when I go back to work for peace of mind (I did tell DSN that, but she slapped it on me there and then anyway). I think I'll take my chances and wait until Sunday for the next sensor. The combination of the sensor and the tegaderm are making the skin on my stomach really itchy, so it would be nice to have a break from wearing it.

In all honesty, I can't wait to pull this thing out! It's getting really quite uncomfortable, and the results it's giving me are way off. I seemed to get 2, maybe 3, days of accurate results out of the sensor. Now it's starting to annoy me because a) when I download to Carelink it will be a lot of rubbish and b) it keeps buzzing at me - this morning in the shower I got "lost sensor", and I got another callibration error earlier. [/rant]

Again, I am coming to the conclusion that I need to win the lottery 🙂

Hi Emma,
Although you feel that the sensor's readings are out - you will still be able to see patterns emerging when you download the data. Some people do find that they can only tolerate the sensor for three or four days and some sensors seem to work very well for this time and then suddenly start giving data that is not correct - sometimes if you do 'start new sensor' this can rectify the problem and because it has has had time to get 'wet' then it could be more accurate. You should be allright with the power in the transmitter for this sensor and possibly even starting another one - but you will need to take that off half way through to re-charge if its getting near to the two weeks. It does seem strange that you havent been given the charger though.😱🙂Bev

Many thanks, Bev. This sensor is now 5 days old so I'm just going to take it out now, but I'll definitely try "start new sensor" with the next one if I have the same problem.

I'll keep chasing DSN for that charger.

I'm very grateful to Bev and Adrienne for all your help this week 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back