cereals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have either cheerios or cornflakes for brekkie well 2 times a week anyway and i have had no issues with it yet

oops this reminds me, I took insulin awhile ago so I could have weetabix 😉

gahhh I took 9 units for my meal an hour ago, still havent eaten and im higher than i was before. another broken cartridge 😡 ive now taken the 9units again and will eat in a minute. ive chucked the rest of that batch out, hope I dont have any more :(

It would be interesting to try eating it dry to see if we still get spikes! Im not sure I could eat weetabix without milk though

Have you tried dry weetabix with butter on them...? Bril...:D

gahhh I took 9 units for my meal an hour ago, still havent eaten and im higher than i was before. another broken cartridge 😡 ive now taken the 9units again and will eat in a minute. ive chucked the rest of that batch out, hope I dont have any more :(

Can't you take the duff cartridges to the chemist for an exchange?

I like wheetabix with hot milk and get on ok with them. I had frosties for breakfast today on a high fasting reading, no idea what I spiked to because I didn't test again for 8 hours.

Personally, I like muesli (from a large container, not a "portion" packet), as it gives me the option to eat as much or little as I like, plus option to have with yogurt or milk, hot or cold. When camping I mix milk powder with the muesli at home, so that I can add hot or cold water when ready to eat. Otherwise, I like shredded wheat - or almost any cereal, really, and seem to be OK matching insulin intake and planned activity for next few hours, depending on distance to cycle to work (or drive or train & bike), temeprature etc. Not keen on leaving home without breakfast, though, but that predates diabetes, and applied even with early morning paper & post rounds, kitchen duties etc.

alternative use of wheetabix

A few years back, a certain Antarctic base accidentally received 20 times the intended wheetabix delivery - confusion of number of boxes and number of biscuits per box. So, the recipients spent a long dark Antarctic winter "using" the biscuits in many ways, including making cookies / cakes, but also more unusual uses, such as rocket competitions, attaching to weather balloons etc. So, if anyone ever wonders about wheat biscuits over a surprisingly wide area of ice, this is probably the explanation... Yhey would have been covered by snow pretty soon, and will eventually end up in sea as glaciers and ice shelves move.

It would be interesting to try eating it dry to see if we still get spikes! Im not sure I could eat weetabix without milk though :D

Ive had cereal at different times of the day and im pretty sure I still spike, but havent tested it properly.

oops this reminds me, I took insulin awhile ago so I could have weetabix 😉

Yeah, Weetabix without milk would be like eating a dry cracker i would think.

COCOPOPS!!!!!! :D

Nurse suggested porridge, but i'm not a fan. Rice krispies seem to be ok, but got so bored of them! :D

ooooh i might try that tomorrow, see what happens. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to sort myself out anyway!!!

Try porridge with Honey, and a few crushed nuts. I also chop up an apple, and bananna, and add that to my pot.......yum yum!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back