Carbs per Day ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm good choice I did.🙂

about £7 for 50 strips
Making good use of your monitor by testing before you eat and after 2 hours will be so informative about the amount of carbohydrate you can tolerate. Many find that has been the most important thing they have done and are doing to manage blood glucose levels. No more than 2-3mmol/l increase for your meal and aiming at no more than 8mmol/l post meal.

Yes I have one. Hardly use though. I must use it more.
I have SD Free code meter. Not use if its a good one?
No meters are going to be no good as they have to meet certain standards before they can be available for use. You should be testing before you eat and 2 hours after and looking for a no more than 2 or. 3 mmol/L rise and not higher than 8.5 mmol/L

If you haven't been using it for a while, discard any pots that have been open for over 1-2 months, and make sure any unopened pots are still in date, or you may get dodgy results.

No meters are going to be no good as they have to meet certain standards before they can be available for use. You should be testing before you eat and 2 hours after and looking for a no more than 2 or. 3 mmol/L rise and not higher than 8.5 mmol/L
Ok, I did a test this morning on wakening it was 12.6 mmol...I did a test boxing day mid day when I was a very bad boy eating all the wrong things and it was 23 mmols. o_O

Ok, I did a test this morning on wakening it was 12.6 mmol...I did a test boxing day mid day when I was a very bad boy eating all the wrong things and it was 23 mmols.
OO, that's not too good. Some targeted testing of your meals and looking to cut the amount of carb seems in order.
Keeping a good record of what you are eating and the blood glucose readings will show you what needs to be done. Just portion size adjustment or cutting some things out.

Good advice given above I also use Chia seeds I sprinkle it on greek Yoghurt
and add a few raspberries for breakfast I stick to about 100 to 120g of carbs
a day which suits my weight control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back