Carbs in Supposedly "sugar-free" Ricola sweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: Luckily, they've never had that effect on me. I'm still wondering if I should send the box back to Amazon or just limit myself to 4 sweets a day so that i have something in my mouth when I get the hungries?

Choice is yours my friend, only know from experience as use to buy so called diabetic chocolate & biscuits once over, great foods if your constipated btw.

Telling me I'm not eating enough is music to my ears, but I somehow don't think that increasing my calories is going to solve this inability to lose weight. Is there an expert area in the forums about this, does anyone know? I love fats and proteins so no problems there 🙂
Many years ago before diabetes reared it's head I did Slimming World and stopped losing weight and the consultant kept telling me I was not eating enough.
With diabetes to consider it's all about eating the right stuff.

I used those sugar free sweets for a while when I was first diagnosed to tide me over.... particularly for long car journeys. I never had a problem with the laxative effect but I think if you are eating a few the carbs will tot up, so maybe restrict yourself to just a couple a day rather than 6-8.
For me, part of the issue was craving something sweet but eating these sweets just panders to that sweet tooth and eventually I stopped buying them because I realized I didn't need them. I now have a nice chunk of cheese or a packet of pork scratchings or nuts when I want something to munch on. The protein and fat in those items is more satisfying than the empty sweetness of those sweets for me now. Changing my tastes and losing that sweet tooth was part of my new way of eating becoming sustainable and fulfilling.
If I was you I would use up what you have bought (assuming they don't give you "the runs") but perhaps be a bit more frugal with them.

Thank you for the cookbook link. I haven't eaten rice, pasta, bread or potatoes for over 2 months. It's disheartening... I do have 4 multigrain crackers with Vegemite for breakfast but that's only 12.9gms carbs. I've been keeping carbs below 40gms a day and still not losing.
I got hooked on 'slim pasta' from amazon and Holland and Barrett, it's an ok pasta subsititute made of konjac root; if you rinse it and pat it dry iwth kitchen roll. I was a pasta addict now I'm 11kg lighter...... I also make keto cake and bread with almond flour and erithrytol instead of sugar. but you need to get away from sweet things. I nibble the odd babybel lite if I get peckish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back