Carb portion sizes?

Just had my Carb and Cals book delivered, so thats my little light reading for the next couple of days, Lol.
Looks very informative though.... 😎
I remember getting that and looking through it to see what the 'worst' food is: from what I remember, it was chocolate brownies :rofl:.

I remember getting that and looking through it to see what the 'worst' food is: from what I remember, it was chocolate brownies :rofl:.
Only had a quick browse so far, but looks like a lot of the healthier options are things that I like, eg: chicken, salmon, tuna, olives, salads, veg, nuts, wholemeal stuff, eggs, peanut butter, etc, 😎

Its very good and basic.The pictures more helpful than reading lots of words and it's surprising to see how many carbs are in things . Even has black pudding and haggis in it......won't be doing those two very often!! And as for croissants.......... Between the book and all the information here , you are off to a good start.:D

Its very good and basic.The pictures more helpful than reading lots of words and it's surprising to see how many carbs are in things . Even has black pudding and haggis in it......won't be doing those two very often!! And as for croissants.......... Between the book and all the information here , you are off to a good start.:D
How about a black pudding croissant? :confused:

1728245908075.png

Thanks, I will try the leek in lasagne. I like cauliflower in curry rather than as an accompaniment. I already substitute celeriac,swede or turnips for potatoes depending on the dish. Luckily I like most veg and I am willing to experiment

We had parmigiana last night, which was very good, and is quite similar to lasagne in concept, but has thinly-sliced aubergine to form the layers.

I’m not an aubergine fan in many contexts, but it was pretty spectacularly good to be honest, and I suspect it may make its way onto the regular rotation of meals when aubergines are in season again and start arriving in our veg box.

We had parmigiana last night, which was very good, and is quite similar to lasagne in concept, but has thinly-sliced aubergine to form the layers.

I’m not an aubergine fan in many contexts, but it was pretty spectacularly good to be honest, and I suspect it may make its way onto the regular rotation of meals when aubergines are in season again and start arriving in our veg box.
Don't care for aubergines much but in parm they are ok. I use courgettes as well, makes one aubergine go further, ditched the breadcrumbs on the topping though.

Don't care for aubergines much but in parm they are ok. I use courgettes as well, makes one aubergine go further, ditched the breadcrumbs on the topping though.

My other favourite things with aubergines are babaganoush, and a katsu curry where they are fried in a batter. I use gram flour (chick peas). The combination of soft, almost gooey, inside and crisp outside in a spicy sauce is wonderful!

Much as I like both foods.......together is just too much and I'm not thinking carbs.? Lol :D
But have you considered dipping it in batter and deep frying it? Can't be worse than a deep fried mars bar :rofl:

Back