Can the weather affect BG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget every year that summer brings hypos.

I dont feel like eating much either, so i have to lower my insulin even more.

Its just a case of getting used to it, and getting some ben and jerrys in for when those hypos hit might as well have something yummy :D

i wonder can the heat that we have been having with the weather affects your blood sugar with tablets as well as insulin?

today my blood was at 7 had my breakfast and went to a car boot sale didnt over do anything got home and i had droped to 3.9 cant figure that one as it was settling out and i wasent taken many hypos

i wonder can the heat that we have been having with the weather affects your blood sugar with tablets as well as insulin?

today my blood was at 7 had my breakfast and went to a car boot sale didnt over do anything got home and i had droped to 3.9 cant figure that one as it was settling out and i wasent taken many hypos

I would guess so, if it increases the efficiency of how you use insulin then I guess that would include natural insulin too. I was ill for a very long time before I was diagnosed. I was living in a very hot climate at the time and I have wondered if the length of time I 'managed' was beause I was able to use what little insulin I had left better. I have no scientific knowledge to back this up though, just a guess!!

Didn't have any hypos because of the weather but did have pretty perfect blood sugars. When I'm on my holidays despite eating and drinking loads including some full sugar drink I have good blood suagrs. I would do better living in a hot country

nice hot country mmmmmm nice🙂 tho im looking forward for a nice bit of rain for the garden

We stupidly left Ross's insulin pens in the conservatory yesterday and since about 11pm last night until about half an hour ago he hasn't been below 20!

*Note to self* Insulin doesn't like hot conservatories.

We realised at lunchtime - changed both cartridges. The novorapid is bringing everything down but of course there isn't any background at all from the levermir!

:/

I've been keeping mine out the sun but only after reminding myself constantly!

BGs have been much better today! Woo hoo!

third hypo of the day despite knocking back on ratios. Joy

Just had a hypo myself... 3.0mmol :(

KitKats are lifesavers!

I've had hypos all weekend. Its horrid. Have knocked all ratios back today and lowered back ground insulin. Had horrid hypo in asda yesterday and had to drink warm apple juice that had been in my bag for days, wasn't nice. Fingers crossed for a hypo free day tomorrow. x

I've had hypos all weekend. Its horrid. Have knocked all ratios back today and lowered back ground insulin. Had horrid hypo in asda yesterday and had to drink warm apple juice that had been in my bag for days, wasn't nice. Fingers crossed for a hypo free day tomorrow. x

I also had one in Asda this evening! Checked when I got home and I was 2.6mmol.

Horrible! And it came on so suddenly aswell. I was checking out some tops and all of a sudden felt terrible! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back