Can private healthcare be used to get a definitive diagnosis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that usually swings it 😉

Your nurse should lead you with regards to dosing and you'll probs know by now reading stuff on here that it wont be the right dose to start with. Adjusting will come in time.
Be patient and be kind to yourself. you will get there <3

I'm just glad somethings being done at last.
How many boxes of lancets got used to tally up the wait time on the walls in the end? :rofl:

Good luck and you can rely on @EmmaL76 and I to add much needed sarcasm help, to your posts if you need it :D
Exactly, it'll just be a learning curve! 🙂

Too many boxes!!! I'm surprised the pharmacy kept giving me them in such a short space of time :rofl:

Just back, that's me got my new insulin pens. They're starting me off on 6 units at lunch and dinner as my morning levels are fine, and then 6 with the basal insulin. Starting tonight, now let's just see how it goes! :D
Pleased to hear that you now have insulin. Which ones have they given you?
Hopefully they showed you ow to inject and you are feeling a bit less anxious about that having seen the needles.

Please do keep hypo treatment and your testing kit with you all the time. Hypos seem to catch you when you are least prepared when you are first diagnosed, so please make sure you are well stocked up with jelly babies or Dextrose tablets or whatever your chosen remedy is and particularly keep them by the bed at night and always in pockets when you go out for a walk etc.
Have they fitted you up with a Libre sensor too?

Pleased to hear that you now have insulin. Which ones have they given you?
Hopefully they showed you ow to inject and you are feeling a bit less anxious about that having seen the needles.

Please do keep hypo treatment and your testing kit with you all the time. Hypos seem to catch you when you are least prepared when you are first diagnosed, so please make sure you are well stocked up with jelly babies or Dextrose tablets or whatever your chosen remedy is and particularly keep them by the bed at night and always in pockets when you go out for a walk etc.
Have they fitted you up with a Libre sensor too?
So they've given me NovoRapid and Lantus. They did show me how to inject, but me being me I had researched it all the night before so I was pretty confident going in :rofl:

The first injection, I had to work up to it but honestly it was absolutely fine. Felt a bit weird but not painful or anything, so that's eased my anxiety around it.

I'm always prepped for the hypos - I've got dextrose in my work bag, at my desk, in the kitchen, and in the car :rofl: but yeah I'm fully expecting to have hypos a bit more frequently just now while I work out the correct/best dosage for me.

I actually bought Libre sensors a couple of weeks ago, that's how I noticed my levels were getting really high. I've got another one there to use when this one expires, but from there on I should be getting them on prescription, so my DSN put in a prescription for me and I'll pick them up when they're ready 🙂

Yay! Well done @scottwatters

The first is the trickiest - soon enough they will be so automatic you’ll be jabbing yourself without breaking eye contact with the person you are chatting to (and they won’t even notice) :rofl:

Onward and downward with those BG levels 🙂

Well done. Sounds like you are off to a flying start. Preparation is a big part of diabetes management as you have no doubt grasped, so it is great that you have started as you mean to go on with that.

Keep us posted with your progress. You will feel so much better when those levels come down into range. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back