Can I self-refer to a diabetes clinic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a shame that I have to lose my temper and make threats before the impossible becomes possible. I was even angrier when the doctor I spoke to on the phone said ' Come down in half an hour....I don't have anybody else to see today'......that was at 3.15pm . I'd already been told that there were no possible appointments left for the day.

When will things ever be 'normal' again?
In my surgery they have a set number of appointments that gave to be booked on the day, by telephone at 08:30 hrs.
They usually go by 08:45 hrs!
However, if enough fuss is caused then miraculously appointments are suddenly found. In reality they keep back a number of apps incase, like you patient's need to see a Dr, provided you get passed the receptionist.
Well done for giving grief but it shouldn't be needed

In my surgery they have a set number of appointments that gave to be booked on the day, by telephone at 08:30 hrs.
They usually go by 08:45 hrs!
However, if enough fuss is caused then miraculously appointments are suddenly found. In reality they keep back a number of apps incase, like you patient's need to see a Dr, provided you get passed the receptionist.
Well done for giving grief but it shouldn't be needed
I did see the doctor. I also have an appointment with the Diabetic Centre early November. My initial dose of Empagliflozin has been upped to 25mg. My blood sugars are around 9 at midnight, 4 or 5 hours after dinner. First thing in the morning, before breakfast, the numbers are about the same.
I don't test during the day...my doctor grudgingly gave me a one-time prescription for test strips.
Hopefully they'll sort me out in November.
My causing a fuss has resulted in visits from the Falls Team, the physio, a call from the Continence Team, and a promised visit from an OT.
Seems that letters to the local NHS management bods get results.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back