Can I apply the libre 2 sensor to the inside of my upper arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Just got my libre2 sensor delivered today for a free 14 day trail! Is the outside of the upper arm the only place I can apply?

I think I saw Nikita one of the new pros on Strictly 2021 wear his on the inside of the upper arm. I ask because all my bolus Novorapid injections goes in the outside of my upper arms while tresiba goes in thighs & tummy!

Just got my libre2 sensor delivered today for a free 14 day trail! Is the outside of the upper arm the only place I can apply?

I think I saw Nikita one of the new pros on Strictly 2021 wear his on the inside of the upper arm. I ask because all my bolus Novorapid injections goes in the outside of my upper arms while tresiba goes in thighs & tummy!

The problem with the inside of the arm is that there are more shallow blood vessels I believe, so I would guess there is a greater chance of it bleeding.
Good luck with your trial Lanny. It is a great bit of kit and I am sure you will love it, being an analytical sort of person.... if it behaves itself of course. Problem is that it's rather addictive.... which of course is why they give the free trial!

The back/outer bit of the arm is fattier/fleshier too, and more away from the bicep muscle.

I wouldn't attempt it, my arms don't have much meat on them, it's the back of your upper arm it's supposed to be placed rather than the outside xx

Yes Lanny it's fine, worn few there, also worn sensor in other areas than arm but its not recommended.

When I was issued my Libre and completed the Abbott course, they made us all apply the sensor to the inside of the upper arm. Too many people brush past doors or walls if they wear it on the outer arm.

Thanks very much everyone! 🙂

I’ll apply the sensor, after reading all the info, later today to the upper inside of my right arm!

Just another quick question how wet can you get it? Obviously being on for 14 days you need to bathe & I favour full body soaks in the bath over showers. Can it take full immersion or do I need to stick my arm out of the hot bath water?:confused:

They are waterproof and withstand a swim but I wouldn't keep it immersed in a hot bath the whole time as the heat may start to loosen the adhesive but I don't have personal experience as I only use the shower

Thanks @Kaylz 🙂

Having breakfast & apply after!
Good luck. It makes a bit of a loud click but you don’t feel much. Hold the applicator in place for about 10 seconds before you remove it to make sure the sensor has stuck. Can’t remember if it tells you that in the info. Let us know how you get on

Ok, it’s in & didn’t feel a thing.

Tried scanning it with the phone but, nothing yet.

Is that what the 1 hour warm up is for?

I’ll scan again in an hour.

Oh! Got it on the app. Had to tap the sensor first then the phone.

Says it’ll be ready at 10:20.🙂

Ok, it’s in & didn’t feel a thing.

Tried scanning it with the phone but, nothing yet.

Is that what the 1 hour warm up is for?

I’ll scan again in an hour.
You should have got a message to say your phone had found the sensor and started the one hour warm up period, I'd have thought? That’s what happens with the reader.
Edit. Ah, you posted while I was typing.

Has it started it's 1 hour warm up? But yes you won't get a reading until the warm up is over xx

I'm late too, page hadn't refreshed 🙄 xx

I am a soak in the bath person, I tend lean my arm on the side of the bath.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! :( The sensor fell off 3 times & I stuck it back in each time before the hour was up. I still scanned it twice with it reading lo before it fell off again!😱 An hour after breakfast my monitor reading is 10:23 BS 16.3 but, there’s another 3 hours of active NR to go & with my cycle, at the moment, I’ve seen it only get to 10.3 or so at 3 hours & drop to 6’s & 5’s by 4 hours after so, not unduly worried: I‘ve been testing at the 2 hours mark just to check I’m not going low & pretty happy if I’m in the region of 10.5 or 11 at the most!

After falling off 4 times now I’m not sticking it back in! I’ll phone to see it f I can get another sensor but, thus far I’m not impressed with how unsticky it is! But, TBF, having had quite a few ECG’s since 2015 sticky pads tend not to stick too well on me & it’s been a problem at times to EVEN get an ECG reading eventually after several attempts to get the pads properly stuck!

If I can get another sensor I’ll put a hair scrunchy over it to keep it in place on my arm & see how that works?

If the sensor falls off you can’t stick it back on. The filament won’t be under your skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back