calling all diet controlled diabetics.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,
Its apparent that having a 'joint' night in together may cause a problem for the non -insulin users.
Could we have a volunteer to start another poll for the diet controlled diabetics and their choice of menu please? We are all still doing it on the same night (3rd Feb) - just 2 different meals! 🙂Bev

Hi all,
Its apparent that having a 'joint' night in together may cause a problem for the non -insulin users.
Could we have a volunteer to start another poll for the diet controlled diabetics and their choice of menu please? We are all still doing it on the same night (3rd Feb) - just 2 different meals! 🙂Bev

Good point and I would offer but I am on holiday as from Saturday so can't even partake! :(

im a non insulin but not diet only...on metaformin so we going to have a 3rd section ??? its all getting a bit complicated eh bev😱

im a non insulin but not diet only...on metaformin so we going to have a 3rd section ??? its all getting a bit complicated eh bev😱

Same here its turning into a right headache

I did already offer earlier today to do the poll but it aint happened so i aint offering again

Last edited:

What i meant to say was all type 2's who dont wish to take part in the type 1 experiment if the foods dont suit them.🙂Bev

What i meant to say was all type 2's who dont wish to take part in the type 1 experiment if the foods dont suit them.🙂Bev

www.whiteflagstore.com I think Bev before you loose all your marbles with this gang 😉

It's not a valid domain, but I did check, it is available :D

nope E link don't work....is that the straight jacket site???

I've got no meter yet so unsure if I could take part, but I could borrow one I guess if she has any strips.

Phew! Its a good job we're not doing a 'come dine with me' programme!😱🙂Bev

Phew! Its a good job we're not doing a 'come dine with me' programme!😱🙂Bev

I've always thought that they should feature some diabetics on that, but after the ups and downs of this experiment I think you're right bev!😉

Hi all,
Yeah - I didn't like to say anything but I thought the choices on offer were more of a suicide note rather than a menu for most T2s 🙂

Hi all,
Yeah - I didn't like to say anything but I thought the choices on offer were more of a suicide note rather than a menu for most T2s 🙂

I dont think it was quite that dramatic Peter.We well most of us were actually ok with speg bol and the fajitas.

Hi all,

Can someone please explain this thread i am missing something here lol
I'm type 2 diet control can i help in any way?

Can someone please explain this thread i am missing something here lol
I'm type 2 diet control can i help in any way?

its started with the idea of a night in all eating same thing...then poll on what to eat...then fish and chips from chippy is top...but some T2 suggested not so good for us so Bev suggested we have one meal for T1 and T2 diet only could choose something different i stuck my oar in ( as joke) an suggested the T2 pill based should have another one !!!! poor ole Bev whose brilliant idea it was is now tearing her hair out .....did that help at all?? any clearer?
:confused:

its started with the idea of a night in all eating same thing...then poll on what to eat...then fish and chips from chippy is top...but some T2 suggested not so good for us so Bev suggested we have one meal for T1 and T2 diet only could choose something different i stuck my oar in ( as joke) an suggested the T2 pill based should have another one !!!! poor ole Bev whose brilliant idea it was is now tearing her hair out .....did that help at all?? any clearer?
:confused:

Very clear thank you :D:
Think bev needs a wig now then lol
How about spag bol for type 2's diet control...i'm game🙂

Yeah, you type 2s do have it bad after all... 😉

How about we do the same choices but for all the diet controlled one of us posts a recipe for fish n chips T2 style & we do that? Then we can all compare to each other but it causes less of an organisational headache?

Probably going to prove that I am doing something really wrong with my control by saying this but I have all 3 items on the menu on a regular basis. Fajitas do effect me badly but its about once a month so I just do it! Spag bol with wholemeal spaghetti doesnt seem to effect me badly & the portion isnt huge. Fish n chips I do as poached fish, no batter or crumbs or anything, mushy peas, and a potato cut into chip shapes par boiled then poped in over with a drizzle of olive oil & baked for 30 mins. Am I a bad person?😱

How about we do the same choices but for all the diet controlled one of us posts a recipe for fish n chips T2 style & we do that? Then we can all compare to each other but it causes less of an organisational headache?

Probably going to prove that I am doing something really wrong with my control by saying this but I have all 3 items on the menu on a regular basis. Fajitas do effect me badly but its about once a month so I just do it! Spag bol with wholemeal spaghetti doesnt seem to effect me badly & the portion isnt huge. Fish n chips I do as poached fish, no batter or crumbs or anything, mushy peas, and a potato cut into chip shapes par boiled then poped in over with a drizzle of olive oil & baked for 30 mins. Am I a bad person?😱

No well if you are i am as well lol, i have fish and chips regular(done my way) and spag bol once a month.I do like your idea that would suit me fine

i make those type of chips!!! i cut the fish into strips dip in cornflower and water batter and fry in a little oil ....family love it and i take the batter off my bits!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back