C4 Embarrassing teenage bodies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like someone said earlier, HCP's do their best but unless they are diabetic themselves they don't really understand how it feels to have to live with diabetes.

NiVZ

Hi

This is why I like helping other parents. I can't possibly put myself in all your shoes (those who have diabetes), I don't understand and I won't pretend I do, I have no idea what it feels like mentally. I know how a parent feels and so it is the parents I can help and try to help. I think we all fit in our little boxes of what we can do for others.

When I was first diagnosed I felt really alone especially for the first couple of years, i didn't really know what was going on and felt that I didn't fit in, even with people with diabetes. What really helped was having contact by email with a couple of others with MODY, I realised that I wasn't completley alone and each of the 3 were treated differently and had different approaches and attitudes.

I considered doing the DUK 3D course but not sure that I have the time to commit to running a group at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back