C peptide results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry there are still question marks and confusion over your classification Emma :(

My understanding of cPep, is that it is a substance that is produced alongside naturally secreted insulin, but which was not included in any of the injectable / exogenous insulins. So while you may have been injecting insulin, that insulin won’t have had any cPep. Only the insulin your beta cells is still producing will have the cPeptide.

So it is used as a measure of your ‘home grown’ production.

Must be very frustrating for you that the result may have been affected by the lack of information about how to prepare. I wonder how much effect that might have and whether it is significant or only marginal?
Ahh I see, thanks for that.

I think not waiting 2 hours could have made quite a difference from what I have read. Never mind I suppose I will have to wait another year and poke another hole in my belt !

you might get someone sympathetic if you explain and they might re-run the test? Such an important diagnosis based on testing error etc. etc.

try to get them to do a blood test. If not you may need a private one. I had some private stuff done at a Spire hospital rcently it was not too bad and all face to face.

Thanks you guys. Well my DN said she was dictating her 3rd letter to appeal for help for me. To be honest she is really great but without a consultant and with the backlog due to this and covid, there is very little she can do. I have sought private treatment in the past so will definitely consider this again for repeat test, but even with accurate results there is nobody to oversee them. I had an appointment with a real top endo (private) a couple of months back. I asked if he could take me on and take over my care, he said this is becoming harder and harder to do these days and that it’s best to work with local team.
Another thing that’s bugging me, my first c peptide urine test showed possible resistance… when I asked about this one and the status of my resistance she said, the test can’t determine that ?? I’m so confused. But thanks everybody x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back