C pep low antibodies negative - help

I was diagnosed in May and the clinical staff are comfortable that I am T1 despite being negative antibodies. Ketones are much more commonly found in those who have T1. The honeymoon period began about 6 weeks after the hospital discharge and my bolus and basal doses had been tapering down before stopping. That said it is not a honeymoon! I still count my carbs as too much will spike me and if I don’t watch my carb load when exercising my BG can crash. I have a Libre 2 CGM which helps me manage things well with the back up of my finger prick tests. I still need to carry hypo intervention stuff when I am out, not miss meals and eat well. There is no guide to how long the honeymoon period will last but if I start to see my average BG rising or my HB1AC elevated the time may coming for insulin injections to return. I can’t see what my C-pep was but I am seeing the Endocrinologist this week so will ask. Take care.
Thanks so much for letting me learn about your story. Very interesting! Hopefully I will have a better understanding next week. Just taking so long!
Long may the honeymoon period continue for you

Back