Butter

Status
Not open for further replies.
yip i done the same northerner

i tested my b s and also came out at 5m and it was toast as well😱:D

I like a little butter sometimes, but most of the time I can't stand it. When I make a sandwich or anything I only wave the knife with the margarine on it at the bread as I am not keen on eating fat. My mum always put bread on her butter and it turned me off butter as there was too much of it. I avoid frying where I can too, I bake or grill as I really don't like fatty food except chocolate! Think I must be weird or out of step with everyone here!

I use the benecol spread, for some reason im convinced its what is keeping my chl levels good! 🙄

Do occasionally get butter in as a treat though its so much better. for some reason i dont like butter or spread on sandwiches but toast yes please!

Phoebe congrats on the baby by the way!!🙂

I was told recently to only use benecol if the taste was nice or I liked it. A dietician said we need so much of it on our bread it is of little benefit. If you are happy using it fine.

I use butter, and I've never really thought about it, since my cholesterol is always fine. I used to drink skimmed milk, and I can still cope with it, but since living with Andrew, I use full fat, since that's what he buys. I can drink skimmed or full fat, but hate the taste of semi! :D

I use the benecol spread, for some reason im convinced its what is keeping my chl levels good! 🙄

Do occasionally get butter in as a treat though its so much better. for some reason i dont like butter or spread on sandwiches but toast yes please!

Phoebe congrats on the baby by the way!!🙂

Thank you 🙂

Hi Phoebe, skimmed actually has the most calcium in it:

Half pint Skimmed = 355mg
Semi skimmed = 345mg
Whole milk = 340mg

Drink skimmed! 😱

Thats mad, i wont tell my mum she will think shes done us a bad turn there haha, she doesnt even drink the stuff shes on soya, horrid stuff.

Next time i get some its skimmed all the way

And i think Butter also after reading all those tasty posts xx

Thats mad, i wont tell my mum she will think shes done us a bad turn there haha, she doesnt even drink the stuff shes on soya, horrid stuff.

Next time i get some its skimmed all the way

And i think Butter also after reading all those tasty posts xx

Skimmed can take a little getting used to, but once you do there's no going back. I've been drinking it for years now and can't even drink 1% fat milk now because it tastes too fatty! 😱

I eat Lurpak spreadable slightly salted butter and love the taste.
I can't stand the taste of margarine though.

I had an addiction for full fat butter when I was pregnant, just eating it on fresh soft bread(I know sounds gross... a butter sandwich lol!

Noooooooo, doesn't sound gross at all, I LOVE a butter sandwich!!

xx

When i get bored of the spreads i use philidelphia on my toast instead! Mmm yummy!

Also i know this is not about butter but i usualy buy the lindt 70% cocoa but its soo expensive around ?2 a bar! saw a 4 pack of mars bars for a quid........and im sure you can guess what ones i bought 😛

Skimmed can take a little getting used to, but once you do there's no going back. I've been drinking it for years now and can't even drink 1% fat milk now because it tastes too fatty! 😱

Yep, totally agree I now can't stand semi or full fat 😱

Clover Lighter is produced in heaven mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what makes me mad is when i go to see the dietitian for my yearly check up,
she asks what i eat, when i say i like salad crusty roll sandwiches she asks do i use butter ,no i tell her i use flora light thats ok she says ,then she will ask me the same thing every year, are you still eating what i told you not to, namely get this, hot dogs [no sugar] and curry rice[ very small amount of sugar] all she goes on about is the salt in the hotdogs that i only eat once a week, i dont use salt at all but she gives me it in the neck every time about my hotdogs ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jeff mate, where have you been? 🙂 I've just forced a slice of toast and butter down my neck - 4,7 too low for bedtime!

Hello mate, how are you? good i hope! myself bs/weight is going down surely and steadily and doctors are talking about reducing my medication at my next hba1c, numbers are down to 6.1 now with nearly three stone weight loss since diagnosis!
Problem is with all the good news i'm becoming complacent and look on here sometimes for inspiration (but looking at this thread im not so sure thats a good thing!🙂)

Hello mate, how are you? good i hope! myself bs/weight is going down surely and steadily and doctors are talking about reducing my medication at my next hba1c, numbers are down to 6.1 now with nearly three stone weight loss since diagnosis!
Problem is with all the good news i'm becoming complacent and look on here sometimes for inspiration (but looking at this thread im not so sure thats a good thing!🙂)

I'm fine thanks Jeff. Excellent news about the numbers and the weight loss! I know what you mean about becoming complacent - I was good as gold for the first few months after diagnosis, then gradually got back into some of my old bad habits because they didn't seem to be affecting me. Then, of course, I go to the docs and discover my blood pressure is through the roof and she's telling me I need to lose some weight! Don't take your eye off the ball!

p.s. I hear Saints are favourites to win the League 1 title next season - I wonder if they'll be swapping places with Pompey after all their troubles? 😱

Well Northerner/Everyone i have done it, bought some buttter last night.

A nice baked potato, butter and tuna with salad for tea. Could it get better?
Oh yes toast with butter as my snack before bed 🙂

xx

Well Northerner/Everyone i have done it, bought some buttter last night.

A nice baked potato, butter and tuna with salad for tea. Could it get better?
Oh yes toast with butter as my snack before bed 🙂

xx

Ahhhh! The sweet taste of rebellion!!

Andy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back