BS readings

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for all the suggestions but i am still struggling especially with the constipation my gp has given me senna 2 at night and docusate up to 4 a day , i am on co codamol effervecent for the pain flair ups so they can bung you up i know , but this constipation lark is driving me crazy , i am drinking plenty of water but still not getting anywhere , any suggestions please , oh and my blood sugar reading are starting to get high again

thanks for all your replies i will ask about the type 3 diabetes diagnosis i spoke with my gp and he said my recent bloods shown 3 month level to be 6.4 for BG
I presume that 3 month level is from a blood test known as an HbA1c. If so this is 6.4%, which translates to an HbA1c of 46. This is above the normal threshold of 42 and theoretically makes you diabetic, but in practice is still close to normal and might normally at first be managed by diet alone, without either insulin or even oral meds. So I can see why you are categorised as T2; but as I said that doesn't help dealing with the pancreatitis. This is my surmisal - not a medical diagnosis.
, he also said my liver enzeymes had come down dramitcally to 74 having been 177 before i was admittted to hospital . this though is surely the result of having no alcohol for 18 weeks i think

thanks for all the suggestions but i am still struggling especially with the constipation my gp has given me senna 2 at night and docusate up to 4 a day , i am on co codamol effervecent for the pain flair ups so they can bung you up i know , but this constipation lark is driving me crazy , i am drinking plenty of water but still not getting anywhere , any suggestions please , oh and my blood sugar reading are starting to get high again
If by high you mean less than 15, don't get too stressed by those at this moment. They aren't ideal (4-10 is the guide) but not serious in the short term. If above 15 you need to be concerned about ketones. Do you have test kit for those? If not get urine strips from your pharmacy. There is a point where your body converts fats into ketones and this can lead to something known as Diabetic KetoAcidosis and that ailment can be very serious BUT this is more normally associated with severe diabetes, which your HbA1c does not suggest.

Unfortunately your pain and anxiety could alone be pushing your BG up - particularly if you are still eating relatively little. Keep your food intake as wet as possible, ie soups rather than toast!

If your GP surgery is closed for the weekend you will need to consider going to A&E, or try 111?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back