brilliant weekend at FFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish there was something like this for teenagers :/
sounds good though :D

awwr seriously? i've never been to any sort of diabetic thing, that's a lie we use to go bowling at christmas about it but now i've moved i dunno what happens up ere.

awwr seriously? i've never been to any sort of diabetic thing, that's a lie we use to go bowling at christmas about it but now i've moved i dunno what happens up ere.

Hi Estellaa,
When the details come out - I will put it on here and you could ask your parents to come along with you. There were lots of teenagers around your age and they had a great time - stayed on their own around the hotel and seemed to always be laughing - and none of them wanted to leave.🙂Bev

Sounds really interesting. Will have to keep this thread for further info.

Thanks Bev - this sound really interesting and just what K needs Thanks for the link and see you there!:D

Olly was hilarious. Everyone should buy his DVD! He even rewrote the words to 'Walk Like An Egyptian' to 'Think Like A Pancreas' and sang the whole thing - it had loads of us crying with laughter.

Quite the wonderful weekend I must say. So very good to go to and I will definitely be going back there next year! Anything that has a serve yourself fry up for breakfast definitely gets my vote! All I need to do now is run a pipe cleaner through my arteries to clean them out after those breakfasts...

Haha! I've seen the picture Tom - forget pipe cleaners, I think you need to call Dyna-Rod! 😱 😉

Case in point:

P1030578.jpg

Us all dressed up!

P1030570.jpg

With Gary Scheiner at the Halloween party

P1030577.jpg

Joe Solo and Tom

JoeTom.jpg

ANYONE CAN GO!

Hiya

Just to let you know though, it is the CWDers who get first bookings as it is primarily for them as our American counterparts bring it over for the UK CWD family and there was a 100 strong waiting list this year. However, they are trying to expand the numbers for this year though.

So for those parents not on cwd for support and help please do join.

www.childrenwithdiabetesuk.org

🙂

What is FFL please ? it sounds good judging by all your reactions and as a wetneck it feels as though I might be missing out on something a bit good .

Simon it's a conference organised by the Children With Diabetes charity. As Adrienne said it is mainly aimed at families with children with type 1, hence priority for places goes to those people.

If you're an adult with type 1, come to the forum meets!! :D

Last edited:
Simon it's a conference organised by the Children With Diabetes charity. As Adrienne said it is mainly aimed at families with children with type 1.

If you're an adult with type 1, come to the forum meets!! :D

forum meets could end up developing like this with DUK support ..eh Joe ??😉

Was thinking if the London meet in a couple of weeks is big enough for the companies to send a rep along to...there's going to be plenty of us and we're all consumers of theirs...

Bev/Shiv

Why only T1s

If it is an insulin thing then what about T2s on insulin?

It is for children with diabetes - not insulin users generally - hence they are all type 1. The conference is there for families of children with type 1 to get together.

Last edited:
Hiya

Just to let you know though, it is the CWDers who get first bookings as it is primarily for them as our American counterparts bring it over for the UK CWD family and there was a 100 strong waiting list this year. However, they are trying to expand the numbers for this year though.

So for those parents not on cwd for support and help please do join.

www.childrenwithdiabetesuk.org

🙂

Woops! I had assumed it was open to all because there were a few there who didnt have a child with them but who were type 1 themselves - sorry if I have mislead you all.😱🙂Bev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back