Breakfast

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 34756
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Creamy Greek style natural yoghurt with berries (usually raspberries, but sometimes have mixed summer berries or sour cherries or will soon be having stewed rhubarb with a bit of sweetener) with mixed seeds, cinnamon and a sprinkle of low carb granola.

As an alternative I sometimes have bacon, eggs and mushrooms of a bed of savoy cabbage (cooked with a knob of butter) or an omelette with an assortment of fillings and served with a large side salad and a big dollop of cheese coleslaw. These options will normally keep me going until my evening meal without needing to bother with lunch.

I also always start the day with a fibre drink and have a coffee with real cream.

Very occasionally, if I need a "grab and go" breakfast I will have a Nature Valley Protein Bar which is just under 10g carbs. Some other protein bars can be much higher in carbs so it is important to look at carb content, which is why I specify Nature Valley brand, as it is known to be low carb.

Protein bagel thin with cream cheese

Small bowl of porridge with a teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter keeps me going until lunch on work days. Weekends, if hubby isn't working, it might be bacon, egg and mushrooms.

Two eggs on one slice of toast. Bacon and grilled tomato in one slice of bread.
One slice of toast with Whole Earth peanut butter.
One of Warburton's thin bagels, Aldi do their own but not as good, with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
I need protein at breakfast or I won’t last until lunch.
Sunday is always one slice bacon, one small piece of Cumberland sausage, one egg, hash brown and half a slice of haggis. One slice of toast and a cup of tea. I don’t eat lunch on Sundays as that lasts me until 6pm.

A bowl with rockmelon (cantaloupe), strawberries, walnuts, crumbled piece of pumpernickel & a whole lot of lemon juice. Big soy flat white with 25g of chia seeds poured into it. Yum!

Usual today, porridge made with full fat milk & spoonful of greek yogurt. On occasions have full English, bacon sausage black pudding beans tomato mushrooms fried bread, in Scotland haggis included, side of toast & pot of builders tea.

That sounds amazing and yummy thank you for such great ideas!
Creamy Greek style natural yoghurt with berries (usually raspberries, but sometimes have mixed summer berries or sour cherries or will soon be having stewed rhubarb with a bit of sweetener) with mixed seeds, cinnamon and a sprinkle of low carb granola.

As an alternative I sometimes have bacon, eggs and mushrooms of a bed of savoy cabbage (cooked with a knob of butter) or an omelette with an assortment of fillings and served with a large side salad and a big dollop of cheese coleslaw. These options will normally keep me going until my evening meal without needing to bother with lunch.

I also always start the day with a fibre drink and have a coffee with real cream.

Very occasionally, if I need a "grab and go" breakfast I will have a Nature Valley Protein Bar which is just under 10g carbs. Some other protein bars can be much higher in carbs so it is important to look at carb content, which is why I specify Nature Valley brand, as it is known to be low carb.

I don't eat breakfast 🙂 Just have a mug of coffee if I want one. Otherwise wait until lunchtime for a sarnie.

Two eggs on one slice of toast. Bacon and grilled tomato in one slice of bread.
One slice of toast with Whole Earth peanut butter.
One of Warburton's thin bagels, Aldi do their own but not as good, with cream cheese and smoked salmon.
I need protein at breakfast or I won’t last until lunch.
Sunday is always one slice bacon, one small piece of Cumberland sausage, one egg, hash brown and half a slice of haggis. One slice of toast and a cup of tea. I don’t eat lunch on Sundays as that lasts me until 6pm.
My go to is also a slice of toast with whole earth peanut butter!

Very yummy!
A bowl with rockmelon (cantaloupe), strawberries, walnuts, crumbled piece of pumpernickel & a whole lot of lemon juice. Big soy flat white with 25g of chia seeds poured into it. Yum!

For which sorts of diabetic?
As a type 2 not on medication I have a very low carb first meal, and then don't eat for 12 hours.
Glucose reducing medication would make that unwise.

Breakfast tricky, very sensitive to carbs first thing, I think a lot of people are. Poached egg on 1 carb per slice toasted brown bread, (1 slice), with one slice toast buttered and very thin smear of lime marmalade. Or 2 slices low carb toast with an avocado and mayo. Full fried breakfast once a week, mushroom omelet, scrambled eggs on toast occasionally. If feeling brave 1/3 of an apple or a bit of melon. Kverg protein yoghurts, quite nice, vanilla ones only have 3 or 4 carbs or so. Tea, coffee. My dad was tupe 2, he always had kippers in the morning but don't think I could cope with the smell! Often don't bother with lunch, graze on nuts or occasional coop £1.00 house salads, seeded flat bread biscuits and cheese.

I tried having breakfast even though it was a rarity since I was about 12, but it didn't cause me to eat less during the rest of the day - so crossed it back off the list as it was too much!
As already mentioned, all depends on which type of diabetes and if on meds or have set insulin or insulin to food ratio.
The "what did you eat yesterday" thread shows quite a variety of foods being eaten, depending on the person's diabetic lifestyle.

Alpro Plain No Sugar soya yogurt, blueberries, mixed seeds, walnuts, crunchy almond butter, pomegranate seeds, black coffee. Anything else (eg toast, cereal) sends my BG skyrocketing.
😛

Hmm, protein @eggyg - thanks for the tip, I’m always hungry mid-morning.

Go to work on an egg!

I haven't eaten brekkie since I was about 15ish. When on holiday in a hotel or a B&B - I do. a) I've been up a while by then cos you have to and b) I don't have to make it or wash up. Only thing is, been about 15 years since we stayed in a hotel or B&B !

A greek style honey yogurt and a breakfast bar during the week and at weekends porridge

Mushroom and cheese omelette, pretty much every day.

10g each of All Bran & Shreddies, 50ml skimmed milk, 50g Banana, tea, coffee with a dash of skimmed milk

What's everyone's go to breakfast meal at the moment, would love to get some ideas 🙂 ?
Lidl plain greek yoghurt with a small spoon of flax seeds or berries,
OR
2 bacon and tomato
OR
two slices of liv life bread and butter toasted
OR
exante shake if can't be bothered to think.
OR
Two slices of plastic cheese with two slices of ham, hand ful of cherry tomatoes
OR
two egg omlette with mushrooms and a sprinkle of cheese (can also make with leeks and bacon).

With: black coffee or coffee with cream at the weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back